Who should participate?
All persons who intend to use radio-isotopes.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not offer courses to non-Bangor University staff.
The aim of the workshop
To provide training on the Ionising Radiations Regulations (1999), Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2010, Bangor University Ionising Radiations Policy and basic radiological safety.
Benefits of attending
At the end of the sesion you should be able to:
Undertake further training provided by the relevant Radiation Protection Supervisor covering Local Rules and safe methods of working with open sources of ionising radiation.
1) Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2010 and relevance to work at Bangor University
2) Bangor University‘s Authorisations under RSA 1993 and the requirements for record keeping, waste disposal and sample labelling.
3) The Ionising Radiations Regulations (1999)
4) Internal and external radiation hazards
5) Reducing exposures to as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP)
6) Personal and area contamination monitoring
7) Personal dosimetry
8) An introduction to local rules
2 - 3 hours
Individuals or small groups (no more than 4). Tutorial and question and answer session.
This course is not assessed.
To organise a course for your College / Department or to attend a course please contact us on 3847 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org