Study or Work Abroad as Part of Your Degree
Studying or working abroad as part of your degree is the opportunity of a lifetime.
Our study and work abroad programmes give you the opportunity to really enhance your study experience.
Why go abroad?
Spending time in another country is an opportunity to:
- Enhance your employability
- Develop essential new life skills by learning through experience
- Create an international network of contacts which may be helpful for your career
- Become more confident, open-minded and adaptable
- Learn another language or discover new subject areas
- Experience and understand new cultures
- Gain a global perspective on your subject area
- Return more self-sufficient and independent
- Create lifelong friendships
- Have fun and travel to amazing places
Where can I go?
Your options depend on your current degree programme. Undergraduate students can normally go abroad for a full year, a short period over the summer or, in some cases, just a semester. However, there are some exceptions. Click on Study/Work Abroad Options on the menu to see more information about our study and work abroad opportunities.
Please also come along to one of the information sessions on our study and work abroad opportunities, where we will run through your options and talk about destinations, finance and the application process. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions to the International Exchanges Coordinator. All students are welcome to attend, however, please be advised that most of our programmes are currently only available to undergraduate students.
Tuesday 10th October 2017, Study/Work Abroad Information Session, Main Arts Lecture Theatre, 6 - 7 pm
Thursday 16th November 2017, Study/Work Abroad Information Session, Main Arts Lecture Theatre, 6 - 7 pm