Rhedir gan School of Music, Drama and Performance
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Mrs Ffion Evans
Theatre Making is an opportunity to be introduced to the subject area of theatre and performance. To explore within practical workshops, how to create your own performance work with a group of other people, how can someone devise an original play, and develop as an actor, director, writer, designer…in making live work. You will be introduced to classical, contemporary, absurd, new writing plays as well as several theatre practitioners that have shaped the way in which we make and watch live performance work today. Production processes will be explored, visits to see live performances and digital performance work will be viewed with an exciting opportunity to create your very own performance piece by the end of term. You’re welcome to perform, write, direct the performance work within a safe environment to explore and experiment.
- What is performance?
- What are all the elements involved in a performance?
- The historical and cultural legacy of selected theatre traditions.
- How selected theatre traditions challenged and enhanced the notion of performance and the theatre.
Excellent (A- to A+):
Submitted work is of an outstanding quality and excellent in one or more of the following ways:
Has originality of exposition with the student’s own thinking being readily apparent.
Provides clear evidence of extensive and relevant independent study.
Arguments are laid down with clarity and provide the reader with successive stages of consideration to reach conclusions.
Good to Very Good (B- to B+):
Submitted work is competent and very good throughout and may be distinguished by superior style, approach and choice of supporting materials.
Demonstrates good or very good structure and logically developed arguments.
Draws at least in parts on material that has been sourced and assessed as a result of independent study, or in a way unique to the student.
Assertions are backed by evidence and sound reasoning.
Accuracy and presentation in an appropriate academic and professional style.
C- i C+
Submitted work is competent with a demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the subject area present.
Demonstrates good structure and some logically developed arguments.
Draws mostly on material that has been sourced and assessed from the module with some limited independent study.
Assertions are backed by evidence and good reasoning.
Accuracy and presentation in an appropriate academic and professional style present.
Threshold (D- to D+):
Submitted work is adequate and shows an acceptable level of competence as follows:
Generally accurate but with omissions and errors.
Assertions are made without clear supporting evidence or reasoning.
Has structure but is lacking in clarity and therefore relies on the reader to make links and assumptions.
Draws on a relatively narrow range of material.
Demonstrate an ability to read and interpret relevant background material and an ability to analyse dramatic texts critically
Show awareness of the interplay between theory and practice within the area of performance studies and of conceptual and creative processes that underpin the understanding and realization of performance.
Demonstrate a critical awareness of current discussions and debates in the field of theatre and performance and be familiar with the work of a number of innovative movements and practitioners.
Display skills in making performance outcomes, such as directing, acting, producing, etc.
Ability to function effectively as a member of a collaborative team in a creative process
Describe, interpret and evaluate performance across a range of occurrences and sites.
|GWAITH CWRS||Performance Review||
During the module, there will be an opportunity to understand the process of a theatre critique. How do we go about watching and viewing performances and share this information? You will have the chance to choose elements from a particular live performance to explore and discuss.
|ARDDANGOSIAD/YMARFER||Short Group Production||
After taking part in several practical workshops and studying particular plays and text, there will be an opportunity as a group, to create your very own performance piece, inspired from these developments. You can perform, write, direct, devise, design the work.. learning to work as an ensemble and developing rehearsal processes to ensure effective performance work.
|TRAETHAWD||Critical Analysis of making performance||
After creating your own performance work, the final assessment will be an opportunity to share in writing, what theoretical research you used in the development of making your performance? What impact did the practice have on your understanding of this research and how this will effect future work as an actor, director, writer, devisor...? When studying creative practice, there will always be an element of bringing the theory and practice together, as one always influences the other. This assessment will allow you the opportunity to begin to learn these valuable skills for the duration of your degree.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
|Supervised time in studio/workshop||
Opportunity to gain feedback on developing work in progress.
|Practical classes and workshops||
Specifically designed workshops to support you int he process of developing a performance
Independent study to read and analyse research material, develop creative ideas and prepare for assessments.
Rehearsal time and planning in groups for production work
Research focused study to support theoretical knowledge and understanding.
Opportunity to visit live performances as well as online digital material of production work to support ideas.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Gofalu - Dangos consyrn am eraill; gofalu am blant, pobl ag anableddau ac/neu'r henoed
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
- Arweinyddiaeth - Gallu arwain a rheoli, datblygu cynlluniau gweithredu ac amcanion, cynnig arweiniad a chyfarwyddyd i eraill, ac ymdopi â'r pwysau sy'n gysylltiedig ag awdurdod o'r fath
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Artistic engagement and ability to articulate complex ideas in oral and written forms. (NAWE Creative Writing Benchmark Statement 3.2).
- Ability to connect creative and critical ideas between and among forms, techniques and types of creative and critical praxis. (NAWE Creative Writing Benchmark Statement 3.2; English Benchmark Statement 3.2).
- Reflective practitioner skills, including awareness of the practice of others in collaborative learning (NAWE Creative Writing Benchmark Statement 3.2; English Benchmark Statement 3.2).
- The ability to synthesize information from various sources, choosing and applying appropriate concepts and methods (English Benchmark Statement 3.3).
- Ability to formulate and solve problems, anticipate and accommodate change, and work within contexts of ambiguity, uncertainty and unfamiliarity (NAWE Creative Writing Benchmark Statement 3.2; English Benchmark Statement 3.3).
- Ability to engage in processes of drafting and redrafting texts to achieve clarity of expression and an appropriate style. (English Benchmark Statement 3.3; NAWE Creative Writing Benchmark Statement 3.2).
- Ability to gather information, analyse, interpret and discuss different viewpoints (NAWE Creative Writing Benchmark Statement 3.2; English Benchmark Statement 3.3).
- Information technology (IT) skills broadly understood and the ability to access, work with and evaluate electronic resources (NAWE Creative Writing Benchmark Statement 3.2; English Benchmark Statement 3.3).
- Re-creative skills – interpretation, innovation, versatility, and other skills relating to performance
- Creative skills – conception, elaboration, adaptation, presentation, collaboration, preservation
- Intellectual skills shared with other disciplines – research and exploration, reasoning and logic, understanding, critical judgement, assimilation and application
- Skills of communication and interaction – oral and written communication, public presentation, team-working and collaboration, awareness of professional protocols, sensitivity, ICT skills, etc.
- Skills of personal management – self-motivation, self-critical awareness, independence, entrepreneurship and employment skills, time management and reliability, organisation, etc.
- Enhanced powers of imagination and creativity (4.17)
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
Students will be informed before hand.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/wxm-1120.html
Reading list will be presented before the module begins.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- 32M8: BA English Literature with Theatre and Performance year 1 (BA/ELTP)
- P3W5: BA Film Studies with Theatre and Performance year 1 (BA/FSTP)
- P35W: Film Stud with Theatre & Performance with International Exp. year 1 (BA/FSTPIE)
- P3WL: BA Media Studies with Theatre and Performance year 1 (BA/MSTP)
- P3WB: BA Media Stud with Theatre & Perform (4yr with Incorp Found) year 1 (BA/MSTP1)
- W3W4: BA Music with Theatre & Performance year 1 (BA/MUSTP)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- T103: BA Chinese and Creative Studies year 1 (BA/CHCS)
- WPQ1: BA Creative Studies (with International Experience) year 1 (BA/CSIE)
- WPQ0: BA Creative Studies year 1 (BA/CST)
- WPQB: BA Creative Studies (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 1 (BA/CST1)
- WQ93: BA Creative Stds & English Lang. year 1 (BA/CSTEL)
- WR91: BA French and Creative Studies year 1 (BA/CSTFR)
- WR92: BA German and Creative Studies year 1 (BA/CSTG)
- WR93: BA Italian and Creative Studies year 1 (BA/CSTITAL)
- WR94: BA Spanish & Creative Studies year 1 (BA/CSTSP)
- R1P3: BA French with Media Studies year 1 (BA/FRMS)
- R4P3: BA Spanish with Media Studies year 1 (BA/SPMS)