Global Brand Management
Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
15.000 Credyd neu 7.500 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Georgina Smith
Building a high value brand is at the heart of successful companies. This module will teach students the foundations of what is a brand, what a brand can and cannot offer, the factors that are important in building and maintaining a positive brand image as well as building brand equity and finally how to develop a brand from a national brand into a global brand. The module will study different brand categories including for example manufacturer/private-label brands and luxury brands. Further, the meaning of brands for consumers will be studied. A number of case studies will be used to learn from real life examples of how brands become global and successful.
• Introduction to brand management principles and practices • Defining and categorising brands • Brand equity theory • Brand positioning theory • Consumers and brands • Planning and implementing brand management programmes 1 • Planning and implementing brand management programmes 2 • Measuring, interpreting and monitoring brand performance • Growing and sustaining brand equity
B- to B+ (60-69%) Average Standard: Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
High Standard: Very good performance. Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
C- to C+ (50-59%) Satisfactory standard: No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
A- to A* (70% + ) Excellent standard: An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Analyse and critique the techniques used by brand managers in developing a successful global brand.
Demonstrate a thorough understanding of and be able to critically evaluate the theories and principles underlying global brand management practices.
Apply managerial judgement, analytical and critical skills to brand management issues and problems.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Lectures 3 hours per week for 10 weeks.
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Problem solving and critical analysis: analysing facts and circumstances to determine the cause of a problem and identifying and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Research: the ability to analyse and evaluate a range of business data, sources of information and appropriate methodologies, which includes the need for strong digital literacy, and to use that research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Self-management: a readiness to accept responsibility and flexibility, to be resilient, self-starting and appropriately assertive, to plan, organise and manage time.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/abj-4530.html
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N5AH: MBA International Marketing (January start) year 1 (MBA/IMJ)
- N5AJ: MSc Consumer and Digital Marketing Analytics (January start) year 1 (MSC/CDMAJ)