Customer Insight Project
Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Prof Edward Shiu
To complete an extended marketing research activity focusing on key marketing outcomes, and to make relevant recommendations to relevant stakeholders. To build on marketing concepts studied in earlier modules in the degree programme. To acquire and develop quantitative (SPSS) data analysis skills applied to survey data.
Topics may include but will not be limited to: Issues in undertaking market research activities; Development and administration of fieldwork for quantitative customer survey; Analysis of quantitative survey data; Reporting and presentation of strategic recommendations.
D- to D+ (40-49%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
A- to A+ (70%+): Outstanding Performance. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
C- i C+
C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
B- to B+ (60-69%): Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Analyse marketing environments
Conduct statistical analyses on quantitative survey data via SPSS
Specify marketing research problems with associated aim(s) and objectives of the research
Undertake data collection to address specific research questions in fulfilment of the objectives of the research
Assess customer perceptions and motivations
Formulate, deliver and present strategic responses for key stakeholders.
|Individual Report Plan||20.00|
|Individual Final Report||80.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Background reading; Data collection; Data entry; Additional data analysis beyond SPSS timetabled lab hours; Write up Report Plan and Final Report.
Two-hour lecture per week delivered over 8 weeks
SPSS lab - 2 hours lab sessions delivered over 10 weeks
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Rheloaeth - Gallu defnyddio, cydlynu a rheoli adnoddau (dynol, ffisegol ac/neu ariannol)
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Problem solving and critical analysis: analysing facts and circumstances to determine the cause of a problem and identifying and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Research: the ability to analyse and evaluate a range of business data, sources of information and appropriate methodologies, which includes the need for strong digital literacy, and to use that research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Commercial acumen: based on an awareness of the key drivers for business success, causes of failure and the importance of providing customer satisfaction and building customer loyalty.
- Numeracy: the use of quantitative skills to manipulate data, evaluate, estimate and model business problems, functions and phenomena.
- Ability to work with people from a range of cultures.
- Articulating and effectively explaining information.
- Building and maintaining relationships.
- Communication and listening including the ability to produce clear, structured business communications in a variety of media.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Self-management: a readiness to accept responsibility and flexibility, to be resilient, self-starting and appropriately assertive, to plan, organise and manage time.
- Self reflection: self-analysis and an awareness/sensitivity to diversity in terms of people and cultures. This includes a continuing appetite for development.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/asb-3119.html
Textbook: 1. Field A. (2018) Discovering statistics using IBM SPSS statistics, Sage Publications. 2. Malhotra, N. (2014). Basic Marketing Research, 4th edition. Pearson Education. 3. Malhotra, N., Nunan, D. and Birks, D. (2017). Marketing Research: An Applied Approach, 5th edition. Pearson. 4. Bradley, N. (2013). Marketing Research Tools & Techniques, 3rd edition. Oxford. 5. Field A. (2005, 2009, 2012, or 2013) Discovering Statistics Using SPSS, Sage Publications. 6. Hair, J.F. Jr., Bush, R.P. and Ortinau, D.J. (2000) Marketing research: a practical approach for the new Millennium, Boston: Irwin/McGraw-Hill. 7. Janssens, W., Wijnen, K., De Pelsmacker, P. and Van Kenhove, P. (2008) Marketing research with SPSS, Harlow, England; New York: Prentice Hall/Financial Times. Journal articles: 1. Hassan, L.M. and Shiu, E. (2007), “Gender differences in low risk single-occasion drinking: An application of the theory of planned behaviour,” International Journal of Consumer Studies, 31 (4), 317-325. 2. Kumar, V. and Reinartz, W. (2016), “Creating enduring customer value,” Journal of Marketing, 80, 36-68. 3. McGowan, M., Shiu, E., and Hassan, L.M. (2017). The influence of social identity on value perceptions and intention. Journal of Consumer Behaviour, 16(3), 242-253. 4. Sweeney, J.C. and Soutar, G.N. (2001) Consumer perceived value: The development of a multiple item scale, Journal of Retailing, Vol. 77 (2), 203-220. 5. Walsh, G., Shiu, E., and Hassan, L.M. (2014) Replicating, validating, and reducing the length of the consumer perceived value scale, Journal of Business Research, 67 (3), 260-267.
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- 8N60: BA Business Studies and Marketing (with International Exp) year 4 (BA/BSMIE)
- R1N1: BA French with Marketing year 4 (BA/FRMKT)
- R2N1: BA German with Marketing year 4 (BA/GERMKT)
- N500: BA Marketing year 3 (BA/MK)
- N5R3: BA Marketing with Italian year 4 (BA/MKITAL)
- N5R1: BA Marketing with French year 4 (BA/MKTFR)
- N5R2: BA Marketing with German year 4 (BA/MKTGER)
- N5R4: BA Marketing with Spanish year 4 (BA/MKTSP#)
- R4N5: BA Spanish with Marketing year 4 (BA/SPMKT)
- N503: BSc Marketing (Bangor International College) year 3 (BSC/BICMRK)
- N2N5: BSc Business Management and Marketing year 3 (BSC/BMM)
- N2NC: BSc Business Man & Marketing (4 yr with Incorp Foundation) year 3 (BSC/BMM1)
- NNM1: BSc Business Studies & Marketing with Intl Experience year 4 (BSC/BSMIE)
- NN1M: BSc Business Studies and Marketing year 3 (BSC/BSMKT)
- NN1K: BSc Business Studies & Marketing (4 year with Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/BSMKT1)
- N501: BSc Marketing year 3 (BSC/MKT)
- N50B: BSc Marketing (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 3 (BSC/MKT1)
- N50F: BSc Marketing year 3 (BSC/MKTF)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- N107: BA Business year 3 (BA/BUS)