Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
60.000 Credydau neu 30.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Gwion Williams
To provide an opportunity initiate, plan and accomplish a substantial piece of work entailing an extensive review of the existing published theoretical and empirical literature on a clearly defined topic, augmented by the application of quantitative or qualitative methods in further analysis of that topic.
There is no set syllabus. The dissertation encourages students to develop a critical awareness of the professional skills relevant to the strategic management of a variety of business practices. Students choose their research topic, provided that there is suitable and sufficient reading material available, and a member of staff is available to supervise in the chosen area of study.
Work demonstrating high level of analytical and applied competence on a broad range of factors. Free of major errors.
Content 1. Clear identification of the issues 2. High standard of critical analysis using appropriate conceptual frameworks and/or applying relevant experience and facts 3. Good evaluation and synthesis of source material 4. Shows some fresh thinking and originality 5. Substantially relevant
Structure 1. Clearly structured and logically developed 2. Clear, relevant and attainable objectives 3. Relevant conclusions 4. Supported by an appropriate range and use of language
Satisfactory Work demonstrating clear ability to acquire and apply knowledge in a coherent, if uncritical, fashion.
Content 1. Good attempt at identifying the issues 2. Uses appropriate conceptual frameworks and/or relevant experience and attempts analysis 3. Some evaluation and synthesis of source material 4. Little originality 5. Adequately relevant
Structure 1. Reasonably clear structure 2 Reasonably clear, relevant and attainable objectives 3 Attempts to reach a clear conclusion 4 Rarely affected by inappropriate use of language
Work of excellent quality in every respect. Focused and comprehensive, with critical depth and insight. Representing a model answer at the top end of the range.
Content 1. Concise and comprehensive identification of the issues 2. Excellent standard of critical analysis using appropriate conceptual frameworks and/or applying relevant experience and facts 3. Comprehensive and excellent use, evaluation and synthesis of source material 4. Shows fresh thinking and originality 5. Wholly relevant
Structure 1. Well structured and logically developed 2. Exceptionally clear, relevant and attainable objectives 3. Clearly spelled out and relevant conclusions 4. Supported by a good range and appropriate use of language
Work demonstrating an adequate attempt at acquiring and applying knowledge.
Content 1. Partial identification of the issues 2. Adequate understanding and use of appropriate conceptual frameworks, experience and facts; some errors 3. Some evidence of consulting source material 4. No originality 5. Insufficient relevance
Structure 1. Links parts together, but lacks a coherent structure 2. Clear, but limited, objectives 3. Does not always reach a conclusion 4. Weakened by inappropriate or inaccurate use of language
Identify a suitable topic for research.
Plan, organise and manage an extensive research project on the chosen topic.
Make use of library and electronic resources to identify literature and locate data.
Synthesise and critically appraise a body of academic literature.
Apply appropriate analytical, statistical, IT, research design, writing and other research skills in order to present relevant theoretical and/or empirical evidence on the chosen topic.
Compile, edit and present a substantial research report.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
- Literacy - Proficiency in reading and writing through a variety of media
- Numeracy - Proficiency in using numbers at appropriate levels of accuracy
- Computer Literacy - Proficiency in using a varied range of computer software
- Self-Management - Able to work unsupervised in an efficient, punctual and structured manner. To examine the outcomes of tasks and events, and judge levels of quality and importance
- Exploring - Able to investigate, research and consider alternatives
- Information retrieval - Able to access different and multiple sources of information
- Inter-personal - Able to question, actively listen, examine given answers and interact sentistevely with others
- Critical analysis & Problem Solving - Able to deconstruct and analyse problems or complex situations. To find solutions to problems through analyses and exploration of all possibilities using appropriate methods, rescources and creativity.
- Argument - Able to put forward, debate and justify an opinion or a course of action, with an individual or in a wider group setting
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Analysis, deduction and induction. Economic reasoning is highly deductive, and logical analysis is applied to assumption-based models. However, inductive reasoning is also important. The development of such analytical skills enhances students' problem-solving and decision-making ability.
- Problem solving and critical analysis: analysing facts and circumstances to determine the cause of a problem and identifying and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Research: the ability to analyse and evaluate a range of business data, sources of information and appropriate methodologies, which includes the need for strong digital literacy, and to use that research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Numeracy: the use of quantitative skills to manipulate data, evaluate, estimate and model business problems, functions and phenomena.
- Self-management: a readiness to accept responsibility and flexibility, to be resilient, self-starting and appropriately assertive, to plan, organise and manage time.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N3AD: MBA Banking and Finance year 1 (MBA/BIF)
- N3DG: MBA Banking and Finance (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/BIF1)
- N2AU: MBA Environmental Management year 1 (MBA/EM)
- N2BB: MBA Environmental Management (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/EM1)
- N3BV: MBA Finance year 1 (MBA/FIN)
- N3DH: MBA Finance (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/FIN1)
- N3BM: MBA Islamic Banking and Finance year 1 (MBA/IB)
- N3DK: MBA Islamic Banking & Finance (with incorp pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/IB1)
- N1BL: MBA International Business (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/IBUS1)
- N1BG: MBA International Business year 1 (MBA/INTBUS)
- N2AF: MBA Law and Management year 1 (MBA/LMGT)
- N2BD: MBA Law and Management (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/LMGT1)
- N2AN: MBA Management year 1 (MBA/M)
- N2BA: MBA Management (with Incorporated Pre-Masters) year 1 (MBA/M1)