Pedagogy and Physical Education (1)
Rhedir gan School of Human and Behavioural Sciences
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Mr Gethin Thomas
This module aims to evaluate and develop your understanding of Pedagogical approaches relevant to inclusive Physical Education that contributes to the development of Physically Literate future citizens.
We will explore:
• the National Curriculum (NC) throughout the Age Phases/Key Stages, focusing specifically on the Welsh NC requirement for Physical Education
• teaching styles and strategies that result in appropriate challenge and support, progression and engagement • the relationship between teaching and learning, and the role of assessment of learning and assessment for learning. • how carefully planned, challenging, differentiated tasks result in achievement
• supporting the progress of learners through regular, relevant and supportive feedback
The focus of the module will be on discovering the most effective methods for the delivery of a dynamic pupil-centred Physical Education program that results in a confident, self motivated and engaged learner. We will explore an evidence based pedagogical approach that emphasises ‘task mastery’ as a measure of achievement and progress. You will discover how to create an inclusive learning environment that supports a sense of autonomy, belonging and competence that nurtures intrinsically motivated and self-sufficient learners.
Following successful completion of the module, students will be able to: Through application demonstrate a thorough understanding of the theoretical basis for an inclusive, empowering learning environment
Following successful completion of the module, students will be able to: Demonstrate effective pedagogical strategies that support progression through pupil centred learning.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- research and assess paradigms, theories, principles, concepts and factual information, and apply such skills in explaining and solving problems
- plan, design, execute and communicate a sustained piece of independent intellectual work, which provides evidence of critical engagement with, and interpretation of, appropriate data
- demonstrate effective written and/or oral communication and presentation skills
- work effectively independently and with others
- take and demonstrate responsibility for their own learning and continuing personal and professional development
- self-appraise and reflect on practice
- plan and design practical activities using appropriate techniques and procedures whilst demonstrating high levels of relevant skills
- project manage and execute practical activities using appropriate techniques and procedures whilst demonstrating high levels of relevant skills
- recognise and respond to moral, ethical, sustainability and safety issues that directly pertain to the context of study including relevant legislation and professional codes of conduct
- undertake fieldwork with continuous regard for safety and risk assessment.
- communicate succinctly at a level appropriate to different audiences.
- develop effective learning aids
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
To ensure your degree learning outcomes are met and health and safety is maintained, practical sessions are compulsory. If you miss more than one practical session without genuine mitigating circumstances you will fail the module (due to not meeting the learning outcomes) and will either: • be asked to re-sit the module in the following year. You will be charged to resit this module • be transferred off the course to another of our degree programmes. You will have to make up missing credits required for your new degree. If additional learning and assessments are required to make up these missing credits you may be charged. You will graduate with a different degree title. Important: Students who fail the module (overall module mark less than 40%) or miss module assessments, will be required to undertake a resit or first-sit assignment in the Supplementary Assessment Week (SAW). The SAW will be held in July 2019 (exact date to be confirmed nearer to the time). If you are resitting your assignment, your mark will be capped at 40%.
Tailored readings e.g. Journal Articles will be available to students on Blackboard Learning to Teach Physical Education in the Secondary School; Susan Capel