Social Science Conference
- Reichel Hall, Bangor University
- Friday 9 November 2018, 09:00–16:00
As part of the ESRC Festival of Social Science in November (a weeklong festival which highlight the work of the social science) I will be hosting a conference here in Bangor in Reichel Hall. This will be on the 9th November 2018. It is a full day conference with speakers in the morning and workshops in the afternoon. 9-4
The topic, in line with my recently completed PhD research is looking at the role of changing social security in the UK, especially that which now sees the roll-out of Universal Credit.
I have added a link here which you could possibly use for pictures/details etc. for anyone interested (Staff/Student, Public, and of course, all who have an interest in understanding the changes which are coming with Universal Credit and welfare reform are welcome. Lunch provided.
Details of confirmed speakers;
1. Key note; Albert Owen M.P. Anglesey
2. What is Universal Credit; Sally Heywood (Mon C.A.B.)
3. The Poverty Premium; Dr Hefin Gwilym (Bangor University School of History, Philosophy and Social Sciences)
4. Universal Credit and Work; Dr Louise Prendergast (Bangor University School of History, Philosophy and Social Sciences)
5. Universal Credit and Exclusion; Dr Eifiona Thomas Lane (School of Environment, Natural Resources and Geography) and Dr Dave Beck (Bangor University School of History, Philosophy and Social Sciences)
6. Universal Credit and Housing Issues; Darren Thomas (Grwp Cynefin)
7. Lunch and art display
8. Workshops on how to work with Universal Credit
Tickets for Eventbrite event.