Report an Accident or Concern
Health and Safety is currently looking at ways to make reporting concerns and incidents easier for you.
Please use the buttons on the right to report, and the links below provide information and guidance.
- Word Form: The University Accident and Incident Form
- Word Form: Incident / Event / Near Miss Reporting Form (can be completed if no person was harmed / injured)
- On-Line Non-Injury Incident Reporting Form (can be completed if no person was harmed / injured)
- How to complete an Accident and Incident Form
- How to carry out an Accident and Incident Analysis & Investigation
NOTE: The shorter Incident / Event / Near Miss Reporting Form and On-Line Non-Injury Incident Reporting Form can be used to report potentially dangerous situations, unsafe practices and near miss incidents where no person was harmed / injured.
In some circumstances, additional reporting may be required in accordance with the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR). The Regulations apply to all work activities but not to all accidents and the information obtained from reporting enables the enforcing authority to identify where and how risks arise, to investigate serious incidents and to advise employers and employees on preventative action to reduce injury, ill health and accident loss - much of which is uninsurable.
Health and Safety is responsible for reporting all RIDDOR accidents and incidents to the HSE.
Historical accident rate data and trending can be found in each Annual Report
If you spot any pollution or other environmental incidents at the University please don’t hesitate to let us know straight away by completing the Environmental Incident Reporting Form.