Computer & Network Security
Computer & Network Security 2023-24
School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 1
Indicative content includes:
- Types of actors within the security field.
- The '3As' of security.
- Types and methods of attack and defence.
- Network segmentation and firewalling
- The Layered Protection Model
- Encryption, and the guarantees it can provide.
- Data Protection and Social Engineering.
- Analyse common vulnerabilities in computers, networks and systems.
- Apply relevant security theory to design a system for security.
- Explain the key principles behind encryption and apply them to enhance security.
- Identify common threat vectors and the layered responses to them.