Italian Language 1
Rhedir gan School of Languages, Literatures, Linguistics and Media
40 Credyd neu 20 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Silvia Bergamini
- To consolidate and expand on students' knowledge of Italian grammar and vocabulary.
- To develop translation skills into and out of the target language, and skills in manipulation of written Italian.
- To develop oral and aural skills.
- To familiarise students with lexis relevant to their forthcoming residence abroad, and other sociocultural contexts.
Students on this module will be working towards achieving B2/C1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
This course intends to consolidate and expand the students' knowledge of grammar and vocabulary through exposure to a variety of texts ranging from newspaper articles to literary extracts, differing in register and style (to include very colloquial and very formal examples). Oral and aural skills will also be emphasised through special classes in which students watch/listen to extracts from films/TV or radio programmes and are encouraged to discuss and analyse their content. Students will also study materials that provide insight into Italian civilisation in the target language.
Key Text: De Rome, Denise, Soluzioni: A Practical Grammar of Contemporary Italian, (London&New York: Routledge, 2010).
Webpages: www.rainews.it www.repubblica.it
Any other learning resources: Writing classes dossier; Self-study portfolio.
40-49%: Limited knowledge of grammar and vocabulary resulting in a limited ability to translate the prescribed texts, to write reports and to comment on issues relating to Italian culture and society. Limited oral/aural competence.
50-69%: Good knowledge of grammar and vocabulary resulting in a good ability to translate the prescribed texts, to write reports and to comment on issues relating to Italian culture and society. Good oral/aural competence.
70+%: Excellent knowledge of grammar and vocabulary resulting in a excellent ability to translate the prescribed texts, to write reports and to comment on issues relating to Italian culture and society. Excellent oral/aural competence.
Demonstrate an increased ability in the art of paraphrasing and report writing.
Make individual presentations and discuss competently a given topic as part of a team, and demonstrate an ability to comprehend a wide range of audio-visual material.
Demonstrate an ability to translate texts competently, matching style and register to purpose.
Demonstrate knowledge of various topics relating to Italian culture and society through the analysis and discussion of given texts.
|Translation into TL||20|
|Summary / re writing test||15|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
1 hour x grammar per week for 11 weeks per semester 1 hour x writing skills per week for 11 weeks per semester 1 hour x conversation skills per week for 11 weeks per semester
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.