Rhedir gan School of Human and Behavioural Sciences
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Jennifer Cooney
The aim of this module is to allow students to produce an in-depth and critical review of relevant research literature in the area of mutual agreement with their supervisor in the School of Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences. The topic covered in the module will be negotiated between the student and his/her supervisor. It is thought that the student will work in an area that is closely linked to their Level 2 Project Proposal, but this is by no means compulsory.
The aim of this module is to allow students to produce an in-depth and critical review of relevant research literature in the area of mutual agreement with their supervisor in the School of Sport. Health and Exercise Sciences. The topic covered in the module will be negotiated between the student and his/her supervisor. It is thought that the student will work in an area that is closely linked to their Level 2 Project Proposal, but this is by no means compulsory.
Insufficient to fulfil the associated learning outcomes • Deficiencies in knowledge even of key areas/principles • No evidence of understanding, even of main areas • No evidence of background study • Lacks a coherent structure • No arguments presented • Many factual/computational errors • No original interpretation • No links between topics are described • No attempt to solve problems • The presentation is very weak containing many inaccuracies
Most criteria are met to a good standard; there may be a wide range in the quality of different components of the dissertation
Knowledge of key areas/principles • Understands main areas • Limited evidence of background study • Answer focussed on question but also with some irrelevant material and weaknesses in structure • Arguments presented but lack coherence • Has several factual/computational errors • No original interpretation • Only major links between topics are described • Limited problem solving • Some weaknesses in presentation and accuracy
Comprehensive knowledge • Detailed understanding • Extensive background study • Highly focussed answer and well structured • Logically presented and defended arguments • No factual/computational errors • Original interpretation • New links between topics are developed • New approach to a problem • Excellent presentation with very accurate communication
On successful completion of the module students will be able to:
Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of a chosen research area
Be able to concisely and critically review a body of research literature;
Will know how to compile a working bibliography.
|Written - Tweet and Magazine Article||10.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Supervisory support will form an important part of the teaching method, but ultimately, most of the learning will be student-led. In addition, scheduled meetings (e.g. seminar to overview the module handbook of the dissertation at the start of Year 3) and workshop sessions are also provided
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- critically assess and evaluate data and evidence in the context of research methodologies and data sources
- describe, synthesise, interpret, analyse and evaluate information and data relevant to a professional or vocational context
- plan, design, execute and communicate a sustained piece of independent intellectual work, which provides evidence of critical engagement with, and interpretation of, appropriate data
- demonstrate effective written and/or oral communication and presentation skills
- work effectively independently and with others
- take and demonstrate responsibility for their own learning and continuing personal and professional development
- self-appraise and reflect on practice
- communicate succinctly at a level appropriate to different audiences.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- R2C6: BA German and Sports Science year 4 (BA/GSPS)
- CR6H: BA Italian/Sports Science year 4 (BA/ITSSC)
- CR6K: BA Spanish/Sports Science year 4 (BA/SPSSC)
- CQ65: BA Cymraeg/Sports Science year 3 (BA/SPSW)
- C6N1: BSc Sport Science & Business Management year 3 (BSC/SSB)
- C6N5: BSc Sport Science & Marketing year 3 (BSC/SSM)
- CN5P: Sport Science and Marketing with Placement Year year 4 (BSC/SSMP)