- Enw: Performance
- Cymhwyster: MMus/PGDip
- Hyd: MMus: 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time; Diploma: 30 weeks full-time
The MMus Performance course is ideal for those who are already proficient instrumental or vocal performers, and wish to refine their skills and extend their knowledge. On this programme you will refine your technical and interpretative skills, acquire a deeper understanding of contemporary and historical contexts relating to the performance of music, and develop skills and methodologies to undertake specialist research relating to your creative practice. You will also hone high-level transferable skills in critical thinking, conceptual thinking, problem solving, analysis, communication, self-direction and originality.
You will work closely with professional performers and established researchers, most of whom have international profiles. The School enjoys close links with industrial and third-sector partners such as Welsh National Opera, the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra and Ensemble Cymru, and it is often possible for students to undertake a work placement during the course of the programme.
Rhoddir cynnwys y cwrs ar gyfer arweiniad yn unig a gall newid.
The programme is divided into two parts: two semesters of taught study (Part 1, 120 credits) and a substantial recital prepared over the summer (Part 2, 60 credits).
Part 1 (Diploma):
On this programme, you will undertake Solo Performance Projects in both semesters, leading to a short recital at the end of each one.
In Semester 1, you will also study theories, practices and the history of performing in Performance and History. In Semester 2, you can choose from a range of options which will enhance your knowledge of repertoires and their historical contexts; options include Early Music, Contemporary Music Practice or a supervised Independent Research Project on a topic of your choice.
Part 2 (MA):
The Part 2 Project consists of a public recital lasting 50-60 minutes, normally given in early October of the following academic year.
Teaching is provided through a combination of individual tuition and small-group seminars. MMus Performance students receive 36 hours of specialist instrumental or vocal tuition over the course of the programme, in addition to training given in masterclass and workshop settings.
Modiwlau y flwyddyn yma
Rhoddir rhestr modiwlau ar gyfer arweiniad yn unig a gall newid. Gweld y modiwlau mae ein myfyrwyr yn astudio ar tudalen Modiwlau Performance.
- A first degree at 2.ii standard or higher (or equivalent) is required.
- Candidates for this programme must be able to demonstrate excellent performance skills; most will have either an excellent grade in an undergraduate final-year recital (good 2.i or higher), a high mark in DipABRSM (or equivalent) or at least a pass at LRSM (or equivalent).
- Applicants will be asked to audition, or, where this is not feasible, to provide a recorded video performance featuring contrasting repertoire (25-30 minutes) which can be in the form of links to content on YouTube or Dropbox, or by uploading video files (PLEASE NOTE: your face must be clearly visible in any submitted videos)
- English proficiency (for non-native English or Welsh speakers): IELTS English test with a score of 6.0 (no element below 5.5).
- Applications from working professionals with non-graduate qualifications will be considered on an individual basis and candidates may be asked to submit a piece of written work in support of their application. Please contact us for more information.
Sut i wneud Cais
Gallwch nawr wneud cais ar-lein ar gyfer holl raglenni ôl-raddedig trwy ddysgu a rhaglenni ymchwil ôl-raddedig y Brifysgol (gan eithrio TAR, Diploma mewn Therapi Galwedigaethol a DClinPsy).
Cam 1 – Paratoi i wneud cais
- Gallwch wneud cais eich hunain gyda cymorth ein Nodiadau Canllaw ar ymgeisio ar-lein. Rydym yn argymell yn gryf eich bod yn darllen rhain cyn i chi wneud cais ar-lein.
Cam 2 – Gwneud cais ar-lein
Ar ôl i chi ddarllen y Nodiadau Canllaw, dylech wneud cais gan ddefnyddio ein Gwasanaeth Derbyniadau Ar-lein.
Er mwyn ichi weld a chwblhau’r ffurflen gais yn Gymraeg bydd angen i chi sicrhau bod y gosodiad iaith ar eich porwr dewisol wedi ei osod ar Gymraeg. I gael canllawiau ynglŷn â sut i wneud hyn cliciwch yma (cyswllt â chwestiynau a ofynnir yn aml ynglŷn â sut i wneud hyn yn Firefox, IE a Google Chrome)
Wedi i chi gwblhau y ffurflen gais ar-lein bydd rhaid i chi ddarparu copiau o nifer o ddogfennau (wedi eu tystio os nad oes gennych y dogfennau gwreiddiol), megis trawsgrifiadau academaidd, tystysgrifon gradd, cadarnhad o gymorth ariannol.
Am wybodaeth bellach neu gyngor am wneud cais, cysylltwch â’r Swyddfa Derbyniadau Ôl-raddedig.
Ffôn: +44 (0)1248 383717
Pryd i wneud cais
Bydd y Brifysgol yn derbyn ceisiadau drwy gydol y flwyddyn ond byddwn yn gyffredinol yn eich annog i anfon eich cais cyn diwedd mis Mehefin. Mae hyn yn rhoi cyfle i chi wneud trefniadau ariannol a/neu lety ac i chi fedru cael gafael ar drawsgrifiadau a geirda os nad ydych wedi eu hanfon gyda’r cais gwreiddiol.
The MMus in Performance will widen your experience of performing and will develop your academic skills in relation to your practice. The programme will equip you for further study of performance and/or musicology at PhD level and beyond. It will also equip you with skills in creativity, self-discipline, analysis and communication which are valued by employers both within and outside the field of music. Recent graduates have pursued successful careers as professional performers, concert promoters, arts administrators, teachers, educational advisers, performers, and business people.
Arts & Humanities Research Board; some University and school bursaries available. Please see our Fees & Finances pages for more information.
Cysylltu â ni
- Pwyll ap Sion, Director of Graduate Studies in Music
- Phone: +44 (0)1248 382118
- Admissions Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org