In order to study in the UK, students from most nationalities will need a Student Visa. Before travelling to the UK, 'visa nationals' must apply to the UK Visas and Immigration Service (UKVI) for a visa or 'entry clearance'. They will initially be a give an entry visa for 90 days and then, once in the UK, will collect their BRP visa card which will be valid for the length of the course, plus some additional time.
To check if you need a visa, see: Do I need a visa? on the UKVI web pages.
We work closely with the University Immigration Team, who are responsible for monitoring attendance and BRP visa issues, information about their services is here.
The International Student Support Team staff are fully trained to provide information and advice about visas and immigration. Please read through these pages carefully, and if you have any questions please contact us.
Tel: +44 (0) 1248 388430 / 388238
Applying for a visa
- Information for EU students
- While you are in the UK - How to extend your student visa
- While you are in the UK - Travel and Re-entry
- Family and Friends - Can I bring my family? Can my family and friends visit me?
- Visas for graduation
- Visas for visiting other European countries
- After you finish your course, *New - Graduate Visa information *
- Glossary - a dictionary of immigration-related words
- What happens if I lose my passport or visa?