Why study with us?
Why study at Bangor Business School?
- We’re consistently ranked as one of the top 25 institutions in the world for research in the field of Banking (RePEc, as of July 2016).
- We’re also ranked amongst the top 25% business schools in the UK for research intensity (REF 2014).
- Bangor Business School is ranked within the top 10 in the UK for overall student satisfaction in the subject area of Finance (NSS 2016).
- Our top researchers teach on both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. Students are therefore taught by academic staff who are pushing back the frontiers of research and who will share in lectures their latest findings.
- We enjoy an international reputation for research in Banking, Finance, Financial Economics and Econometrics.
- Major text books and articles published in top academic journals have been written by our staff. See our individual staff pages for further details.
- Our staff have conducted major project and consultancy work for a range of organisations, e.g. the World Bank, the European Commission, the UK Treasury.
- With support funding from the European Union, local government and the Welsh Assembly Government, we opened a world-class £14 million Management Centre, which delivers high quality management and professional training for North Wales and furtherafield.
- Our alumni have held senior positions in public and private organisations worldwide, from Deutsche Bank to No. 10 Downing Street.
- We were the first UK university to offer an MBA in Banking and Finance.
Studying at Bangor
Rated Gold for teaching
We have been awarded a Gold rating, the highest rating possible, for the standarad of our teaching in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) assessment. The TEF assessment took into account teaching quality, learning environment and student outcomes and learning gain. We were judged to deliver consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for our students and our teaching is of the highest quality found in the UK.
A top 10 university
The National Student Survey (NSS) results place Bangor amongst the UK’s top 10 universities (excluding specialist institutions) for student satisfaction. This reflects the University’s focus on overall student experience.
Enjoy a university experience that’s amongst the best in the UK
Take advantage of the Bangor Student Experience (ranked in the top 20 in the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey) with free membership of student clubs and societies, a new international experience programme and employability award scheme.
Award-winning clubs and societies!
Our clubs and societies have been named the best in the UK at the WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2017.
Choose to study in one of the best places in the UK to be a student. Bangor’s location – close to the mountains and the sea - has been described as ‘the best university setting in the UK’.
Investment in facilities
Benefit from continued investment in facilities and services – with an exciting new Arts and Innovation Centre, new Halls of Residence, and improved sports facilities amongst recent developments.
We guarantee accommodation for first year students who apply within the deadline and hold Bangor as a firm choice. Our accommodation has been rated in the Top 5 in the UK at the 2017 WhatUni Student Choice Awards.