Why study with us?
Why study at Bangor Business School?
- We’re ranked amongst the top 25% business schools in the UK for research intensity (REF 2014).
- Our top researchers teach on both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. Students are therefore taught by academic staff who are pushing back the frontiers of research and who will share in lectures their latest findings.
- The school enjoys an international reputation for research in Accounting, Banking, Finance, Financial Economics and Econometrics.
- Major text books and articles published in top academic journals have been written by our staff. See our individual staff pages for further details.
- Our staff have conducted major project and consultancy work for a range of organisations, e.g. the World Bank, the European Commission, the UK Treasury.
- Ranked top 50 in the world for Banking research (RePEc, as of September 2019)
- With support funding from the European Union, local government and the Welsh Assembly Government, we opened a world-class £14 million Management Centre, which delivers high quality management and professional training for North Wales and furtherafield.
- Our alumni have held senior positions in public and private organisations worldwide, from Deutsche Bank to No. 10 Downing Street.
- We were the first UK university to offer an MBA in Banking and Finance.
Studying at Bangor
Rated Gold for teaching
We have been awarded a Gold rating, the highest rating possible, for the standarad of our teaching in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) assessment. The TEF assessment took into account teaching quality, learning environment and student outcomes and learning gain. We were judged to deliver consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for our students and our teaching is of the highest quality found in the UK.
A top 10 university
The National Student Survey (NSS) results place Bangor amongst the UK’s top 10 universities (excluding specialist institutions) for student satisfaction. This reflects the University’s focus on overall student experience.
Enjoy a university experience that’s amongst the best in the UK
Take advantage of the Bangor Student Experience with free membership of student clubs and societies, a new international experience programme and employability award scheme.
Award-winning clubs and societies!
Our clubs and societies have been named the best in the UK at the WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2019.
Choose to study in one of the best places in the UK to be a student. Bangor’s location – close to the mountains and the sea - has been described as ‘the best university setting in the UK’.
Bangor is the most affordable place in the UK to be a student (TotalMoney 2019).
Investment in facilities
Benefit from continued investment in facilities and services – with Pontio Arts and Innovation Centre, Halls of Residence, and improved sports facilities amongst recent developments.
Guaranteed accommodation in award-winning halls of residence
We guarantee accommodation for first year students who apply within the deadline and hold Bangor as their Firm Choice. Our accommodation has been named the best in the UK at the 2018 WhatUni Student Choice Awards.