3 Lang Project (3 major)
3 Lang Project (3 major) 2023-24
School Of Arts, Culture And Language
Module - Semester 2
Provided it meets with the approval of the relevant members of staff in Modern Languages, the chosen subject or translation passage may concern any aspect of German life, literature, history or culture. The chosen subject area / translation passage should not be something that is already a specific component of the syllabus. Texts chosen for translation should not already exist in English/Welsh translation. The essay/presentation will be in the target language.
- Demonstrate the ability to EITHER gather information and condense it in a clear and coherent argument in the target language, orally or in writing, OR make informed decisions on translation choices, considering the socio-political and historical context of the source text.
- Display competency in German language and grammar.
- Display familiarity with EITHER citation and referencing techniques (including compiling a bibliography) OR advanced translation techniques.
- Display some evidence of original analytical thinking.
- Display the ability to conduct EITHER research OR extended translation work independently.