Work and health
- Medical Records & Confidentiality
- Sickness Absence Policy
- Sickness Absence Forms
- Display Screen Users
- Foreign Travellers
- Looking after your voice
- The Effect of your Health and your Ability to Work
- Avoiding Common Illnesses and Recovery
- Pathways to Health from Sick Leave
- Cancer comes with many worries - help make sure work isn't one
- Health Information Guide
- Health Surveillance
- Work Related Health Conditions
- Chemical, Biological or Radiological
- Guidance on menopause and the workplace
The effect of your health and your ability to work
Because we spend most of our life at work it makes sense to use this time to invest in our present and future health.
By adopting a healthy lifestyle you can dramatically reduce the risk of significant illnesses, including heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and bowel cancer.
Healthy lifestyles involve not smoking, taking exercise, eating a diet high in fibre and low in saturated fats, drinking sensibly and taking steps to reduce the stress in your life.