Our staff are active in the following areas of research
- Conservation Science
- Crops and Livestock
- Environmental and Soil Science
- Rivers and Catchments
- People, Space and Place
- Geospatial Analysis
- Bangor University hosts a successful alumni event at the 4th World Congress on Agroforestry in Montpellier, France
12 June 2019
- Bangor foresters at Buckingham Palace
5 June 2019
- The return of Draig Beats
31 May 2019
- Bangor’s Expertise helps win Gold at Chelsea
24 May 2019
- Flexible and omnipresent Baboons could be at risk
16 May 2019
- Read all news
Research in Environment and Natural Resources
In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), more than 80% of our research was rated as being at least ‘internationally excellent’ with more than 25% being ‘world leading’.
We maintain a world-class reputation for research. Bangor University achieved a very strong performance in our subject areas in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) assessment of UK universities.
Outputs of 69% of the school’s staff were submitted to REF2014 from across its research portfolio, including soil science, climate change impacts and mitigation, catchment science, environmental microbiology, environmental pollution, crop science and breeding, conservation, ecological economics, forest and agroforestry science, ecosystem services Chemistry, Biological Sciences and geography.
Partners and Collaborators
Our staff work with a wide range of partners, from local organisations through to UK, European and international institutions.