Our staff are active in the following areas of research
- Conservation Science
- Crops and Livestock
- Environmental and Soil Science
- Rivers and Catchments
- People, Space and Place
- Geospatial Analysis
- Tracking COVID-19 and other viruses in wastewater in Nigeria and South Africa
11 December 2020
- Bangor University Zoology alumnus to share his passion for conservation in a Channel 4 documentary
10 December 2020
- Tackling the legacy of agricultural plastic
18 November 2020
- Equality & Diversity Scholarships 2020/21 Awarded
7 November 2020
- Sewage signals early warning of coronavirus outbreaks
23 October 2020
- Read all news
Research in Environment and Natural Resources
In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), more than 80% of our research was rated as being at least ‘internationally excellent’ with more than 25% being ‘world leading’.
We maintain a world-class reputation for research. Bangor University achieved a very strong performance in our subject areas in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) assessment of UK universities.
Outputs of 69% of the school’s staff were submitted to REF2014 from across its research portfolio, including soil science, climate change impacts and mitigation, catchment science, environmental microbiology, environmental pollution, crop science and breeding, conservation, ecological economics, forest and agroforestry science, ecosystem services Chemistry, Biological Sciences and geography.
Partners and Collaborators
Our staff work with a wide range of partners, from local organisations through to UK, European and international institutions.