Our staff are active in the following areas of research
- Conservation Science
- Crops and Livestock
- Environmental and Soil Science
- Rivers and Catchments
- People, Space and Place
- Geospatial Analysis
- Why some scientists want to rewrite the history of how we learned to walk
5 December 2019
- Analysis of long-term satellite data reveals the dynamic changes of water bodies over large areas of China
3 December 2019
- Blazing a new trail into the forestry profession
3 December 2019
- Did human hunting activities alone drive great auks’ extinction?
26 November 2019
- Pico power protects oldest Welsh Bible
22 November 2019
- Read all news
Research in Environment and Natural Resources
In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), more than 80% of our research was rated as being at least ‘internationally excellent’ with more than 25% being ‘world leading’.
We maintain a world-class reputation for research. Bangor University achieved a very strong performance in our subject areas in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) assessment of UK universities.
Outputs of 69% of the school’s staff were submitted to REF2014 from across its research portfolio, including soil science, climate change impacts and mitigation, catchment science, environmental microbiology, environmental pollution, crop science and breeding, conservation, ecological economics, forest and agroforestry science, ecosystem services Chemistry, Biological Sciences and geography.
Partners and Collaborators
Our staff work with a wide range of partners, from local organisations through to UK, European and international institutions.