Our staff are active in the following areas of research
- Conservation Science
- Crops and Livestock
- Environmental and Soil Science
- Rivers and Catchments
- People, Space and Place
- Geospatial Analysis
- Forest Research wins funding for collaborative research into oak tree health
8 July 2020
- Solving mysteries with Leverhulme Research Grants
7 July 2020
- The impact of climate change on marmot survival differs between seasons
7 July 2020
- Work begins on UK system for estimating COVID-19 cases from wastewater
2 July 2020
- Instagram used to test geographers’ knowledge
29 June 2020
- Read all news
Research in Environment and Natural Resources
In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), more than 80% of our research was rated as being at least ‘internationally excellent’ with more than 25% being ‘world leading’.
We maintain a world-class reputation for research. Bangor University achieved a very strong performance in our subject areas in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) assessment of UK universities.
Outputs of 69% of the school’s staff were submitted to REF2014 from across its research portfolio, including soil science, climate change impacts and mitigation, catchment science, environmental microbiology, environmental pollution, crop science and breeding, conservation, ecological economics, forest and agroforestry science, ecosystem services Chemistry, Biological Sciences and geography.
Partners and Collaborators
Our staff work with a wide range of partners, from local organisations through to UK, European and international institutions.