Our staff are active in the following areas of research
- Conservation Science
- Crops and Livestock
- Environmental and Soil Science
- Rivers and Catchments
- People, Space and Place
- Geospatial Analysis
- Commonwealth Scholarship Commission scholarships available for MSc programmes in Agroforestry and Tropical Forestry at Bangor University. Apply now!
19 March 2021
- Combining public health and environmental science to develop pollen forecasting
11 March 2021
- New study shows link between agricultural land grade and river water quality in rural catchments
1 March 2021
- Birds can ‘read’ the Earth’s magnetic signature well enough to get back on course
11 February 2021
- Attitude survey does not bode well for would be air travellers
5 February 2021
- Read all news
Research in Environment and Natural Resources
In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), more than 80% of our research was rated as being at least ‘internationally excellent’ with more than 25% being ‘world leading’.
We maintain a world-class reputation for research. Bangor University achieved a very strong performance in our subject areas in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) assessment of UK universities.
Outputs of 69% of the school’s staff were submitted to REF2014 from across its research portfolio, including soil science, climate change impacts and mitigation, catchment science, environmental microbiology, environmental pollution, crop science and breeding, conservation, ecological economics, forest and agroforestry science, ecosystem services Chemistry, Biological Sciences and geography.
Partners and Collaborators
Our staff work with a wide range of partners, from local organisations through to UK, European and international institutions.