5 common questions Sport and Exercise Science aims to answer
- How can professional athletes maximise potential?
- What are the health benefits of regular activity and how can exercise help the challenges faced by the NHS?
- How do psychological factors influence sport and exercise performance and behaviour?
- How can we help sports identify and develop talent?
- How does the human body respond to exercise?
The rapid and expanding growth of Sport and Exercise Science makes it a fantastic degree programme choice.
5 reasons to pursue a Sport and Exercise Science Degree Programme
- It offers you a wide range of ‘hands on’ experiences in the lab and the coaching environment to maximise your learning potential
- For every £1 spent on degree level education in the sector, graduates will recoup over 5 times (£5.50) as much in earnings (Physiological Society and GuildHE report 2020)
- Opportunity for work placement and industry experience in a wide variety of sectors mean your leaning experiences are fun, practical, and valued by industry (e.g., elite sport, talent development, health environments, leisure & tourism, fan engagement and participation)
- Career opportunities available to sport and exercise scientists across the globe are expanding all the time and this growth appears likely to continue for the foreseeable future.
- Professional sports clubs, a growing healthcare sector, and the wider business community increasingly see the value in the transferable skill-sets that can be offered by sport and exercise science graduates.