The School of Psychology has a thriving and active community of around 80 PhD students.
Biannual PhD Student Conference
The aim of the event is to provide an important learning opportunity for our PhD students as well as giving the faculty a chance to see what research and projects are going on in the school. It provides excellent opportunity for discussion and feedback and, as you would expect from a department that prides itself on its friendly atmosphere, there is a social event afterwards. The Inagural event was run on 11th December 2014 and the PDF programme and abstracts for each event posted below give an excellent insight into the research our PhDs are currently undertaking.
- Inaugural PhD Student Conference – 11th December 2014
- Second Psychology PhD Student Conference – June 10th 2015
- Third PhD Student Conference – Winter 2015
- Psychology PhD Conference – Summer 2016
- Psychology PhD Conference – Winter 2016
- Psychology PhD Conference – Summer 2017
- Psychology PhD Conference – Winter 2017
- Psychology PhD Conference – Summer 2018 – 13th June
- Psychology PhD Conference – Summer 2019
- Psychology PhD Conference – Winter 2019
- School of Psychology’s PhD Winter Conference 2020/21
In July 2011, Bangor hosted the 26th Annual PsyPAG (Psychology Postgraduate Affairs Group) Conference. The conference provided an opportunity for psychology postgraduates from all over the country to swap ideas, network, and have some fun whilst presenting in an unpressured atmosphere.