Why study with us?
- 9th (of 116) for Student Satisfaction – NSS 2018
- Top 20% for Graduate Prospects – Guardian Good University Guide 2019
- Top 15% for Research Quality – Complete University Guide 2019
- British Psychological Society fully accredited degree programmes
- One of the largest and most cosmopolitan psychology departments in UK (HESA Stats)
- 89% of research output either world leading or internationally excellent and 17th overall - REF 2014
- One of only two UK Psychology departments ranked top 20 for research in REF 2014 that were also ranked top 10 for student satisfaction that year
- Top 200 Psychology departments in the world - QS World University Ranking 2017
- 73% graduated with a 1st or 2:1 in 2018
- Bangor Psychology was established in 1963 making it amongst the oldest in the UK
- There are a large number of specialist research labs including a 3T MRI scanner, TMS Labs, ECG facilities and a Brain anatomy laboratory.
- Careers prospects are improved by the focus on transferable skills that is contained throughout the degree eg. PoPPs
- Bangor University was amongst the first set of universities, and the only one in Wales, to be awarded Gold in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework
- Excellent transport links mean Bangor is less than 90 minutes from Liverpool and Manchester by car with London accessible by train in about 3 hours
- Bangor is an affordable, safe, compact and friendly city on the beautiful North Wales coast next to the mountains of Snowdonia
Studying at Bangor
Rated Gold for teaching
We have been awarded a Gold rating, the highest rating possible, for the standarad of our teaching in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) assessment. The TEF assessment took into account teaching quality, learning environment and student outcomes and learning gain. We were judged to deliver consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for our students and our teaching is of the highest quality found in the UK.
A top 10 university
The National Student Survey (NSS) results place Bangor amongst the UK’s top 10 universities (excluding specialist institutions) for student satisfaction. This reflects the University’s focus on overall student experience.
Enjoy a university experience that’s amongst the best in the UK
Take advantage of the Bangor Student Experience (ranked in the top 20 in the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2017) with free membership of student clubs and societies, a new international experience programme and employability award scheme.
Award-winning clubs and societies!
Our clubs and societies have been named the best in the UK at the WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2018.
Choose to study in one of the best places in the UK to be a student. Bangor’s location – close to the mountains and the sea - has been described as ‘the best university setting in the UK’.
Investment in facilities
Benefit from continued investment in facilities and services – with an exciting new Arts and Innovation Centre, new Halls of Residence, and improved sports facilities amongst recent developments.
Guaranteed accommodation in award-wining halls of residence
We guarantee accommodation for first year students who apply within the deadline and hold Bangor as their Frm Choice. Our accommodation has been named the best in the UK at the 2018 WhatUni Student Choice Awards.