Why study with us?
Why study at the School of Psychology?
- 9th (of 115) for course satisfaction – Guardian Good University Guide 2020.
- 17th for Research Quality – Complete University Guide 2021.
- British Psychological Society fully accredited degree programmes.
- Bangor is the most affordable place in the UK to be a student (TotalMoney 2019)
- Bangor Psychology is a large and cosmopolitan department with staff and students from all over the world.
- 89% of research output either world leading or internationally excellent and 17th overall - REF 2014.
- Over 80% graduated with a 1st or 2:1 in 2020.
- Bangor Psychology was established in 1963 making it one of the oldest in the UK.
- There are a large number of specialist research labs including a 3T MRI scanner, TMS Labs, EEG facilities and a Brain anatomy laboratory.
- Careers prospects for psychology are very wide ranging due to the fact that it provides high level literacy and numeracy skill and at Bangor we focus on transferable skills throughout your degree.
- Awarded Gold in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework.
- Excellent transport links mean Bangor is less than 90 minutes from Liverpool and Manchester by car with London accessible by train in about 3.5 hours.
- Bangor is an affordable, safe, compact and friendly city on the beautiful North Wales coast next to the mountains of Snowdonia.
Studying at Bangor
Rated Gold for teaching
We have been awarded a Gold rating, the highest rating possible, for the standarad of our teaching in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) assessment. The TEF assessment took into account teaching quality, learning environment and student outcomes and learning gain. We were judged to deliver consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for our students and our teaching is of the highest quality found in the UK.
Enjoy a university experience that’s amongst the best in the UK
Take advantage of the Bangor Student Experience with free membership of student clubs and societies, a new international experience programme and employability award scheme.
Award-winning clubs and societies!
Our sport and societies were awarded the Silver award at the WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2020.
Choose to study in one of the best places in the UK to be a student. Bangor’s location – close to the mountains and the sea - has been described as ‘the best university setting in the UK’.
Bangor is the most affordable place in the UK to be a student (TotalMoney 2019).
Investment in facilities
Benefit from continued investment in facilities and services – with Pontio Arts and Innovation Centre, Halls of Residence, and improved sports facilities amongst recent developments.
We guarantee accommodation for first year students who start their course in September, apply before the deadline and hold Bangor as their Firm Choice.