Why study with us?
Why study at the School of Psychology?
There are many reasons why being a student here is a fantastic experience. Here are just a few of them:
- 4th in the UK out of a 117 for Student Satisfaction by The National Student Survey (NSS) 2016
- Top 20 in UK for graduate employability – Guardian Guide 2017
- REF 2014 saw us ranked 17th (of 82) in the UK. If you want to see how other places you applied to have done FindaPhD have a useful tool here (select Psychology, Psychiatry and Neuroscience)
- We were one of only two UK Psychology departments that ranked in the top 10 for student satisfaction (NSS) and in the top 20 for research (REF) when these were last done at the same time (2014). A clear demonstration of our rare combination of teaching and research excellence
- Last year over 73% of our students graduated with a 1st or 2:1
- Ranked within the top 150 Psychology departments world-wide by the 2015 QS World University Rankings
- British Psychological Society fully accredited degree programmes
- One of the largest UK Schools of Psychology with over 1,200 students and one of the oldest having been established in 1963
- Bangor is easily accessible, with a 3 hour car journey taking you to Birmingham, Leeds or even Carlisle
- Bangor is a friendly, safe city whose nightlife is dominated by the influx of over 11,000 students
- Bangor University was ranked in the global top 100 most international universities by the Times Higher Education magazine in 2015
- The Green Metric 2016 World Ranking places Bangor 16th overall (6th in UK) in terms of our ‘Green’ credentials.
School of Psychology – Undergraduate Study
Studying at Bangor
A top 15 university
The National Student Survey (NSS) results place Bangor amongst the UK’s top 15 universities (excluding specialist institutions) for student satisfaction. This reflects the University’s focus on overall student experience.
Enjoy a university experience that’s amongst the best in the UK
Take advantage of the Bangor Student Experience (ranked in the top 20 in the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey) with free membership of student clubs and societies, a new international experience programme and employability award scheme.
Award-winning clubs and societies!
Our clubs and societies have been named the best in the UK at the WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2017.
Choose to study in one of the best places in the UK to be a student. Bangor’s location – close to the mountains and the sea - has been described as ‘the best university setting in the UK’.
Investment in facilities
Benefit from continued investment in facilities and services – with an exciting new Arts and Innovation Centre, new Halls of Residence, and improved sports facilities amongst recent developments.
We guarantee accommodation for first year students who apply within the deadline and hold Bangor as a firm choice. Our accommodation has been rated in the Top 5 in the UK at the 2017 WhatUni Student Choice Awards.