Run by Bangor Business School
10 Credits or 5 ECTS Credits
Organiser: Dr Sonya Hanna
Overall aims and purpose
To examine how organisations can use the Internet to support their marketing activities, covering aspects of the subject ranging from environmental analysis to strategy development and implementation.
This module is based on and designed to develop students' skills in critical reading of journal articles and presentational skills (through assessments). Interpersonal skills are developed through teamwork exercises in class and through the group work assignment.
Note: If you register for this module, you cannot also register for ASB-3212 Taxation.
Defining the field: Introduction to the module and e-marketing as a strategic tool; E-marketing strategy and the e-marketing environment; Social media marketing; The e-marketing mix; The consumers perspective; The marketers perspective; Online retailing; Mobile marketing.
Satisfactory Standard (D- to D+ / 40 - 49%) No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
High Standard (B- to B+ / 60-69%) Very good performance. Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Excellent (A- to A* / 70+ %) An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
C- to C+
Average Standard (C- to C+ / 50 - 59 %) Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Understand all the major aspects of marketing on the internet, including internet marketing communications, relationship marketing on the Internet, and online service quality.
Understand strategic issues and the development of E-marketing performance.
Discuss and critique marketing case studies that bring various examples from the online marketing world including social media marketing and mobile marketing.
|CASE STUDY||Group Case-study Presentation||
For an existing brand/corporation, to analyze and discuss the implementation of its e-Marketing strategy with reference to specific e-marketing strategy concepts/theories (as outlined in the assignment detail).
2 hour exam consisting of 4/5 questions, the students will be required to answer 2 questions.
Teaching and Learning Strategy
One 2hr lecture per week.
One 2hr or two 1hr tutorial per semester.
80 hrs study required outside formal timetabled session.
- Exploring - Able to investigate, research and consider alternatives
- Information retrieval - Able to access different and multiple sources of information
- Inter-personal - Able to question, actively listen, examine given answers and interact sensitevely with others
- Presentation - Able to clearly present information and explanations to an audience. Through the written or oral mode of communication accurately and concisely.
- Teamwork - Able to constructively cooperate with others on a common task, and/or be part of a day-to-day working team
Subject specific skills
- Ability to work with people from a range of cultures.
- Building and maintaining relationships.
- Communication and listening including the ability to produce clear, structured business communications in a variety of media.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Self-management: a readiness to accept responsibility and flexibility, to be resilient, self-starting and appropriately assertive, to plan, organise and manage time.
Pre- and Co-requisite Modules
Courses including this module
Compulsory in courses:
- NN15: BA Business Studies and Marketing year 3 (BA/BSM)
- R1N1: BA French with Marketing year 4 (BA/FRMKT)
- R2N1: BA German with Marketing year 4 (BA/GERMKT)
- N500: BA Marketing year 3 (BA/MK)
- N5R3: BA Marketing with Italian year 4 (BA/MKITAL)
- N5R1: BA Marketing with French year 4 (BA/MKTFR)
- NR51: BA Marketing and French (4 year) year 4 (BA/MKTFR#)
- N5R2: BA Marketing with German year 4 (BA/MKTGER)
- NR52: BA Marketing and German (4 year) year 4 (BA/MKTGER4)
- NR53: BA Marketing and Italian (4 year) year 4 (BA/MKTITAL)
- NR54: BA Marketing and Spanish (4 year) year 4 (BA/MKTSP)
- N5R4: BA Marketing with Spanish year 4 (BA/MKTSP#)
- R4N5: BA Spanish with Marketing year 4 (BA/SPMKT)
- NNM1: BSc Business Studies & Marketing with Intl Experience year 4 (BSC/BSMIE)
- NN1M: BSc Business Studies and Marketing year 3 (BSC/BSMKT)
- N501: BSc Marketing year 3 (BSC/MKT)
Optional in courses:
- NQ26: BA Astudiaethau Busnes a Chymraeg year 3 (BA/ABCH)
- NG10: BA Business and Computer Information Systems year 3 (BA/BCIS)
- N322: BA Banking and Finance year 3 (BA/BIF)
- NN13: BA Business Studies and Finance year 3 (BA/BSF)
- NN14: BA Business Stud & Finance (with International Experience) year 4 (BA/BSFIE)
- N1R1: BA Bus Stud with French year 3 (BA/BSFR)
- N1R2: BA Business Studies with German year 3 (BA/BSGER)
- N1R3: BA Business Studies with Italian year 3 (BA/BSIT)
- N1R4: BA Business Studies with Spanish year 3 (BA/BSSP)
- NM11: BA Business and Law year 3 (BA/BUSALAW)
- N1T1: BA Business Studies and Chinese year 4 (BA/BUSCH)
- NR1C: BA Business Studies/French year 4 (BA/BUSSF)
- NR1F: BA Business Studies and German year 4 (BA/BUSSG)
- NR1H: BA Business Studies and Italian year 4 (BA/BUSSI)
- NR1K: BA Business Studies and Spanish year 4 (BA/BUSSS)
- R1NC: BA French with Business Studies year 4 (BA/FBS)
- R2NC: BA German with Business Studies year 4 (BA/GBS)
- N2N4: BA Management with Accounting year 3 (BA/MAF)
- R4N1: BA Spanish with Business Studies year 4 (BA/SPBS)
- L190: BSc Business Economics year 3 (BSC/BEC)
- L191: BSc Business Economics with International Experience year 3 (BSC/BECIE)
- NN1H: BSc Business Studies and Finance year 3 (BSC/BSFIN)
- N2NK: BSc Management with Accounting year 3 (BSC/MWACC)
- 2R87: BSc Psychology with Business year 3 (BSC/PWB)
- 2R88: BSc Psychology with Business with International Experience year 4 (BSC/PWBIE)