Financial Statement Analysis
Run by Bangor Business School
10 Credits or 5 ECTS Credits
Organiser: Prof Aziz Jaafar
Overall aims and purpose
To Provide an overview of techniques used in analysing a company's financial position and performance, and the problems involoved.
Financial ratio analysis and interfirm comparison; Trend analysis and financial forecasting; Dividends, earnings and share valuation; Valuation techniques; Investment analysis; Distress prediction and company acquisations.
Awareness of main issues in financial analysis and investment analysis.
As above combined with ability to demonstrate implications of interfirm comparison, trend analysis and valuation models.
As above with application in practice, reflecting on the literature discussed.
Demonstrate an understanding of interfirm comparisons (comparing one company with another) and trend analysis (comparing performance year-on-year for the same company).
Appreciate how financial information is used in capital markets.
|Exam S2 2hrs||75|
Teaching and Learning Strategy
One 2-hour lecture per week.
Interactive computing session.
Workshops included within some lectures.
Talis Reading listhttp://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/asb-3208.html
Courses including this module
Compulsory in courses:
- N400: BA Accounting and Finance year 3 (BA/AF)
- N401: BA Accounting & Finance (with International Experience) year 4 (BA/AFIE)
- LN14: BA Economics/Accounting year 3 (BA/ECA)
- LN15: BA Accounting & Economics (with International Experience) year 4 (BA/ECAIE)
- N2N4: BA Management with Accounting year 3 (BA/MAF)
- NN4J: BSc Accounting and Finance (4 year with Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/ACCF1)
- NN4H: BSc Accounting and Finance year 3 (BSC/ACCFIN)
- N402: BSc Accounting & Finance (with International Experience) year 4 (BSC/ACCFINIE)
- N406: BSc Accounting and Finance (Bangor International College) year 3 (BSC/BICAF)
- NN24: BSc Management with Account (Bangor International College) year 3 (BSC/BICMNA)
- N2NK: BSc Management with Accounting year 3 (BSC/MWACC)
- N2NL: BSc Management with Accounting (4 year with Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/MWACC1)
Optional in courses:
- NN45: BA Accounting and Banking year 3 (BA/AB)
- NN36: BA Accounting and Banking with International Experience year 4 (BA/ABIE)
- NR43: BA Accounting/Italian year 4 (BA/AIT)
- NR44: BA Accounting/Spanish year 4 (BA/ASP)
- NG10: BA Business and Computer Information Systems year 3 (BA/BCIS)
- NR41: BA French/Accounting year 4 (BA/FRA)
- NR42: BA German/Accounting year 4 (BA/GA)
- NN44: BSc Accounting and Banking with International Experience year 4 (BSC/ABIE)
- NN43: BSc Accounting and Banking year 3 (BSC/ACCB)
- NN46: BSc Accounting and Banking (4 year with Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/ACCB1)
- NL41: BSc Accounting and Economics year 3 (BSC/ACCEC)
- NL4B: BSc Accounting and Economics (4 year with Incorp Foundation) year 3 (BSC/ACCEC1)
- NL42: BSc Accounting and Economics with International Experience year 4 (BSC/AEIE)