Marchnadoedd Sefyd Ariannol
Run by Bangor Business School
10 Credits or 5 ECTS Credits
Organiser: Mrs Nia Weatherley
Overall aims and purpose
Rhoi golwg ar natur offer ariannol, marchnadoedd ariannol a chyfryngwyr ariannol, gan ganolbwyntio'n arbennig ar y busnes bancio.
- Elfennau sy'n arwain at fodolaeth marchnadoedd ariannol a chyfryngwyr ariannol;
- Prif fathau o offer ariannol, marchnadoedd ariannol a chyfryngwyr ariannol.
- Nodweddion unigryw banciau a datblygiadau diweddar yn y sector bancio;
- Gwahanol gysyniadau'n ymwneud ag effeithiolrwydd y farchnad;
- Argyfyngau ariannol a risg i hynny ymledu i'r economi wirioneddol;
- Rheolaethau yn y sector ariannol: ysgogiad a datblygiadau diweddar;
- Theori bancio ganolog: polisi ariannol, goruchwyliaeth a benthyciwr pan fetho popeth arall
thresholdTrothwy: Dealltwriaeth sylfaenol o faterion craidd.
goodDa: Yn ogystal â’r uchod, gallu i ddadansoddi a dehongli ffeithiau a theorïau a ddatblygwyd yn y modiwl.
excellentRhagorol: Yn ogystal â’r uchod, gallu egluro dadleuon drwy gyfeirio at enghreifftiau addas a dynnwyd o'r llenyddiaeth sydd ar gael.
- Deall swyddogaeth marchnadoedd ariannol a chyfryngwyr ariannol.
- Deall pwysigrwydd rheolaeth yn y sector ariannol.
- Datblygu dealltwriaeth gadarn o'r busnes bancio.
- Deall swyddogaeth allweddol banciau canolog yn y sector ariannol.
|Arholiad Ysgrifennedig S1 2awr||60|
Teaching and Learning Strategy
Un tiwtorial 1-awr pob pythefnos
Un ddarlith 2 awr yr wythnos.
- Literacy - Proficiency in reading and writing through a variety of media
- Self-Management - Able to work unsupervised in an efficient, punctual and structured manner. To examine the outcomes of tasks and events, and judge levels of quality and importance
- Exploring - Able to investigate, research and consider alternatives
- Information retrieval - Able to access different and multiple sources of information
- Inter-personal - Able to question, actively listen, examine given answers and interact sensitevely with others
- Critical analysis & Problem Solving - Able to deconstruct and analyse problems or complex situations. To find solutions to problems through analyses and exploration of all possibilities using appropriate methods, rescources and creativity.
- Presentation - Able to clearly present information and explanations to an audience. Through the written or oral mode of communication accurately and concisely.
Subject specific skills
- An understanding of financial service activity in the economy, and an appreciation of how finance theory and evidence can be employed to interpret these services (for example, information asymmetry, adverse selection and moral hazard could be employed to analyse the fundamental nature of services, such as insurance, pensions, bank lending and consumer credit, and also explore fundamental problems arising in such financial service provision. Efficient market hypothesis could be used to explore evidence for fund manager performance and the effectiveness of equity and bond saving services).
Courses including this module
Compulsory in courses:
- NR43: BA Accounting/Italian year 1 (BA/AIT)
- NR44: BA Accounting/Spanish year 1 (BA/ASP)
- NR33: BA Banking/Italian year 1 (BA/BIT)
- NR34: BA Banking/Spanish year 1 (BA/BSP)
- N100: BA Business Studies year 1 (BA/BUSS)
- L1T1: BA Economics and Chinese year 1 (BA/ECCH)
- LR13: BA Economics/Italian year 1 (BA/ECIT)
- LL13: BA Sociology/Economics year 1 (BA/ECS)
- LL2B: BA Sociology & Economics (4 yr with Incorporated Foundation) year 1 (BA/ECS1)
- LR14: BA Economics/Spanish year 1 (BA/ECSP)
- NR41: BA French/Accounting year 1 (BA/FRA)
- NR31: BA French/Banking year 1 (BA/FRB)
- LR11: BA French/Economics year 1 (BA/FREC)
- NR42: BA German/Accounting year 1 (BA/GA)
- NR32: BA German/Banking year 1 (BA/GB)
- LR12: BA German/Economics year 1 (BA/GEC)
- LV11: BA History/Economics year 1 (BA/HEC)
- LL14: BA Social Policy/Economics year 1 (BA/SPEC)
- LL1B: BA Social Policy & Economics (4yr with Incorp Foundation) year 1 (BA/SPEC1)
- NN44: BSc Accounting and Banking with International Experience year 1 (BSC/ABIE)
- NN43: BSc Accounting and Banking year 1 (BSC/ACCB)
- NN46: BSc Accounting and Banking (4 year with Incorp Found) year 1 (BSC/ACCB1)
- NL41: BSc Accounting and Economics year 1 (BSC/ACCEC)
- NL4B: BSc Accounting and Economics (4 year with Incorp Foundation) year 1 (BSC/ACCEC1)
- NN4J: BSc Accounting and Finance (4 year with Incorp Found) year 1 (BSC/ACCF1)
- NN4H: BSc Accounting and Finance year 1 (BSC/ACCFIN)
- N402: BSc Accounting & Finance (with International Experience) year 1 (BSC/ACCFINIE)
- NL42: BSc Accounting and Economics with International Experience year 1 (BSC/AEIE)
- L190: BSc Business Economics year 1 (BSC/BEC)
- L19B: BSc Business Economics (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 1 (BSC/BEC1)
- L191: BSc Business Economics with International Experience year 1 (BSC/BECIE)
- 8V55: BSc Banking and Finance (with International Experience) year 1 (BSC/BFIE)
- N391: BSc Banking and Finance year 1 (BSC/BFIN)
- N39B: BSc Banking and Finance (4 year w Incorporated Foundation) year 1 (BSC/BFIN1)
- N101: BSc Business Studies year 1 (BSC/BS)
- N10B: BSc Business Studies (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 1 (BSC/BS1)
- NN1H: BSc Business Studies and Finance year 1 (BSC/BSFIN)
- NN1J: BSc Business Studies and Finance (4 year with Incorp Found) year 1 (BSC/BSFIN1)
- NNM1: BSc Business Studies & Marketing with Intl Experience year 1 (BSC/BSMIE)
- NN1M: BSc Business Studies and Marketing year 1 (BSC/BSMKT)
- NN1K: BSc Business Studies & Marketing (4 year with Incorp Found) year 1 (BSC/BSMKT1)
- L111: BSc Financial Economics year 1 (BSC/FINEC)
- L11B: BSc Financial Economics (4 year w Incorporated Foundation) year 1 (BSC/FINEC1)
- N501: BSc Marketing year 1 (BSC/MKT)
- N50B: BSc Marketing (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 1 (BSC/MKT1)
- N2NK: BSc Management with Accounting year 1 (BSC/MWACC)
- N2NL: BSc Management with Accounting (4 year with Incorp Found) year 1 (BSC/MWACC1)
- M1N4: LLB Law with Acc and Finance year 1 (LLB/LAF)
- M1NB: LLB Law with Accounting & Finance (4yr with Incorp Found) year 1 (LLB/LAF1)
Optional in courses:
- NQ26: BA Astudiaethau Busnes a Chymraeg year 1 (BA/ABCH)
- N1R1: BA Bus Stud with French year 1 (BA/BSFR)
- N1R2: BA Business Studies with German year 1 (BA/BSGER)
- N1R3: BA Business Studies with Italian year 1 (BA/BSIT)
- N1R4: BA Business Studies with Spanish year 1 (BA/BSSP)
- N1T1: BA Business Studies and Chinese year 1 (BA/BUSCH)
- NR1C: BA Business Studies/French year 1 (BA/BUSSF)
- NR1F: BA Business Studies and German year 1 (BA/BUSSG)
- NR1H: BA Business Studies and Italian year 1 (BA/BUSSI)
- NR1K: BA Business Studies and Spanish year 1 (BA/BUSSS)
- N5R3: BA Marketing with Italian year 1 (BA/MKITAL)
- N5R1: BA Marketing with French year 1 (BA/MKTFR)
- NR51: BA Marketing and French (4 year) year 1 (BA/MKTFR#)
- N5R2: BA Marketing with German year 1 (BA/MKTGER)
- NR52: BA Marketing and German (4 year) year 1 (BA/MKTGER4)
- NR53: BA Marketing and Italian (4 year) year 1 (BA/MKTITAL)
- NR54: BA Marketing and Spanish (4 year) year 1 (BA/MKTSP)
- N5R4: BA Marketing with Spanish year 1 (BA/MKTSP#)
- C6N1: BSc Sport Science & Business Manage (Subject to Validation) year 1 (BSC/SSB)