Music Technology Lab 1
Run by School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
10 Credits or 5 ECTS Credits
Semester 1 & 2
Organiser: Dr Roger Giddings
Overall aims and purpose
Introduce standard laboratory equipment and techniques. Support taught courses by looking at practical examples that highlight important engineering concepts.
- Combinational logic circuits, sequential logic circuits and a design project.
- DC and AC circuit measurement techniques, basic AC circuits, Time constants, Resonant circuits. Operational amplifiers and transistor circuits.
- CAD Design of Combinational and Sequential Logic circuits. PSpice AC and DC analysis.
Op-Amp and Transistor Circuits
|LOGBOOK OR PORTFOLIO||Laboratory||
Write up of lab experiments in an individual lab book based on a given structure.
Teaching and Learning Strategy
1 x 1 hour lecture (Week 1)
2 x 3 hour labs over 12 weeks Semester 1 1 x 3 hour labs over 12 weeks Semester 2
- Computer Literacy - Proficiency in using a varied range of computer software
- Inter-personal - Able to question, actively listen, examine given answers and interact sensitevely with others
- Teamwork - Able to constructively cooperate with others on a common task, and/or be part of a day-to-day working team
Subject specific skills
- Solve problems logically and systematically;