Run by Bangor Business School
20.000 Credits or 10.000 ECTS Credits
Organiser: Dr Sara Parry
Overall aims and purpose
To examine the processes by which an integrated marketing communications program is planned, developed and executed. To examine the various tools which marketers use in order to communicate their messages to their audiences and to consider the social and economic factors that affect an organisation’s integrated marketing communications program.
Integrated marketing communication, the application of contemporary communication theories, marketing communications strategies and planning, advertising and media planning, sales promotion and online marketing communication, public relations and exhibitions, branding and sponsorship, point of purchase communications and personal selling, and the implementation and evaluation of integrated marketing communications strategy.
C- to C+
C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
A- to A+ (70%+): Outstanding Performance. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
B- to B+ (60-69%): Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
D- to D+ (40-49%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
Develop a creative integrated marketing communication plan.
Examine various media and their characteristics and set media objectives as part of the integrated marketing communication plan
Evaluate the theories and principles underlying marketing communication practice.
Compare and apply the tools and techniques used by marketers in developing marketing communications.
|Integrated Marketing Communication Plan||50.00|
|Marketing Communication Exam||50.00|
Teaching and Learning Strategy
2 hour drop in session
10 x 2 hour interactive lectures
1 x tutorial per week
Researching and preparing the individual IMC plan, reading relevant articles and textbook chapters.
- Self-Management - Able to work unsupervised in an efficient, punctual and structured manner. To examine the outcomes of tasks and events, and judge levels of quality and importance
- Exploring - Able to investigate, research and consider alternatives
- Information retrieval - Able to access different and multiple sources of information
- Inter-personal - Able to question, actively listen, examine given answers and interact sensitevely with others
- Critical analysis & Problem Solving - Able to deconstruct and analyse problems or complex situations. To find solutions to problems through analyses and exploration of all possibilities using appropriate methods, rescources and creativity.
- Teamwork - Able to constructively cooperate with others on a common task, and/or be part of a day-to-day working team
- Argument - Able to put forward, debate and justify an opinion or a course of action, with an individual or in a wider group setting
- Self-awareness & Reflectivity - Having an awareness of your own strengths, weaknesses, aims and objectives. Able to regularly review, evaluate and reflect upon the performance of yourself and others
Subject specific skills
- Problem solving and critical analysis: analysing facts and circumstances to determine the cause of a problem and identifying and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Research: the ability to analyse and evaluate a range of business data, sources of information and appropriate methodologies, which includes the need for strong digital literacy, and to use that research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Commercial acumen: based on an awareness of the key drivers for business success, causes of failure and the importance of providing customer satisfaction and building customer loyalty.
- Innovation, creativity and enterprise: the ability to act entrepreneurially to generate, develop and communicate ideas, manage and exploit intellectual property, gain support, and deliver successful outcomes.
- Networking: an awareness of the interpersonal skills of effective listening, negotiating, persuasion and presentation and their use in generating business contacts.
- Ability to work collaboratively both internally and with external customers and an awareness of mutual interdependence.
- Ability to work with people from a range of cultures.
- Articulating and effectively explaining information.
- Building and maintaining relationships.
- Communication and listening including the ability to produce clear, structured business communications in a variety of media.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Self-management: a readiness to accept responsibility and flexibility, to be resilient, self-starting and appropriately assertive, to plan, organise and manage time.
- Self reflection: self-analysis and an awareness/sensitivity to diversity in terms of people and cultures. This includes a continuing appetite for development.
Talis Reading listhttp://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/asb-2517.html
Courses including this module
Compulsory in courses:
- 8N60: BA Business Studies and Marketing (with International Exp) year 2 (BA/BSMIE)
- R1N1: BA French with Marketing year 2 (BA/FRMKT)
- R2N1: BA German with Marketing year 2 (BA/GERMKT)
- N5R3: BA Marketing with Italian year 2 (BA/MKITAL)
- N5R1: BA Marketing with French year 2 (BA/MKTFR)
- N5R2: BA Marketing with German year 2 (BA/MKTGER)
- N5R4: BA Marketing with Spanish year 2 (BA/MKTSP#)
- R4N5: BA Spanish with Marketing year 2 (BA/SPMKT)
- N503: BSc Marketing (Bangor International College) year 2 (BSC/BICMRK)
- N501: BSc Marketing year 2 (BSC/MKT)
- N50B: BSc Marketing (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 2 (BSC/MKT1)
- N50F: BSc Marketing year 2 (BSC/MKTF)
- N5C8: BSc Marketing with Psychology year 2 (BSC/MP)
Optional in courses:
- N107: BA Business year 2 (BA/BUS)
- NR51: BA Marketing and French (4 year) year 2 (BA/MKTFR#)
- NR52: BA Marketing and German (4 year) year 2 (BA/MKTGER4)
- NR53: BA Marketing and Italian (4 year) year 2 (BA/MKTITAL)
- NR54: BA Marketing and Spanish (4 year) year 2 (BA/MKTSP)
- P306: BA Media Studies year 2 (BA/MS)
- P31B: BA Media Studies (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 2 (BA/MS1)
- P30F: BA Media Studies [with Foundation Year] year 2 (BA/MSF)
- 8U76: BA Media Studies (with International Experience) year 2 (BA/MSIE)
- L190: BSc Business Economics year 2 (BSC/BEC)
- L19B: BSc Business Economics (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 2 (BSC/BEC1)
- L19F: BSc Business and Economics year 2 (BSC/BECF)
- L191: BSc Business Economics with International Experience year 2 (BSC/BECIE)
- L19P: BSc Business Economics with Placement Year year 2 (BSC/BECP)
- L192: BSc Business Economics (Bangor International College) year 2 (BSC/BICBE)
- N2N5: BSc Business Management and Marketing year 2 (BSC/BMM)
- N2NC: BSc Business Man & Marketing (4 yr with Incorp Foundation) year 2 (BSC/BMM1)
- NNM1: BSc Business Studies & Marketing with Intl Experience year 2 (BSC/BSMIE)
- NN1M: BSc Business Studies and Marketing year 2 (BSC/BSMKT)
- NN1K: BSc Business Studies & Marketing (4 year with Incorp Found) year 2 (BSC/BSMKT1)
- IN00: BSc Computer Information Systems for Business year 2 (BSC/CISB)
- IN0B: BSc Computer Information Sys for Bus (4 year w Incorp Found) year 2 (BSC/CISB1)
- IN02: BSc Computer Information Systems for Business (Franchised) year 2 (BSC/CISBF)
- C6N5: BSc Sport Science & Marketing year 2 (BSC/SSM)
- CN5P: Sport Science and Marketing with Placement Year year 2 (BSC/SSMP)