Customer Insight & Marketing Analytics
Customer Insight & Marketing Analytics 2022-23
Bangor Business School
Module - Semester 2
Topics may include but will not be limited to: Theoretical, practical and ethical issues in undertaking market research activities; Development of aim(s), objectives and research questions; Development and administration of fieldwork for quantitative customer survey; Analysis of quantitative survey data; Reporting and presentation of strategic recommendations.
-threshold -C- to C+ (50-59%) Average Standard: Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Competent performance and interpretation of statistical analysis elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
-good -B- to B+ (60-69%) High Standard: Very good performance Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Competent and thorough performance and interpretation of statistical analysis elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
-excellent -A- to A* (70% +) Excellent standard: An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Excellent performance and interpretation of statistical analysis elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
- Analyse the nature, opportunities and constraints in the marketing environments
- Competently perform statistical analyses on the survey data via SPSS in the assessment of customer perceptions and motivations in the context of the research.
- Competently undertake data collection to address specific research questions in fulfillment of the objectives of the research.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of ethical guidelines for research and competence in following strictly to such ethical guidelines in the conduct of the research.
- Demonstrate an ability to reflect and self critique in all aspects of the research project.
- Formulate, deliver and present strategic responses for key stakeholders.
- Specify marketing research problems, associated aim(s) and objectives of the research
Individual Final Report
Overview of analysis methods