Intro to Contemporary Manageme
Introduction to Contemporary Management Issues in Ethics, Sustainability, HRM and Tourism 2023-24
Bangor Business School
Module - Semester 2
Topics may include but will not be limited to:-
• Theories and concepts in contemporary issues in management • Ethics and business environment • Strategic tourism management • Social media and tourism • Sustainability and organization • Strategic thinking in management • Strategy and green environment • Managing across cultures • Contemporary approaches to HRM • Ethical issues in HR practices • Managing complexity and change
-threshold -D- to D+ (40-49%): No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. -good -B- to B+ (60-69%): Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration oftheory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills. -excellent -A- to A+ (70%+): Outstanding performance. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills. -another level-C- to C+ (50-59%): Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fairintegration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
- Discuss sustainability issues involved in managing organisations in an increasingly complex, fragile global environment.
- Evaluate contemporary issues in tourism, using the example of North Wales.
- Explain the tensions and dilemmas faced in managing and making strategic decisions related to ethical issues in turbulent business environments.
- Reflect on personal experiences, perceptions, and dilemmas faced in, contemporary management issues.
ESSAY Individual assignment Analyse sustainable & ethical aspects of an individual organisation. 2000 words
REPORT Individual Reflective report Self-reflection report on student's own perceptions of contemporary management issues, and application to North Wales. 2000 words