Cybersecurity & Future Technologies
Cybersecurity & Future Technologies (Cambria) 2022-23
School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 1 & 2
Indicative content includes:
● Being Professional: Definitions of Ethics, Environmental, Legal, GDPR, Social and Professional Aspects. ● Introduction of the concept of professionalism. Protecting the IT Professional, Codes of Conduct/Practice. Codes of Ethics, Environmental considerations, established organisations. (IEEE, BCS) ● ISO/IEC standards for Information Security Management System (ISMS) and quality – For Example – ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 ● Security – Encryption, Security keys, certificates, Cloud Computing ● Examine emerging technologies - For example, wearable technology, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality, home automation, Internet of Things (IoT).
-threshold -Equivalent to 40%. Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
-good -Equivalent to the range 60%-69%. Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
-excellent -Equivalent to the range 70%+. Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ethical issues and privacy in computing.
- Describe emerging technologies
- Identify and critique emerging technologies
- Investigate security considerations in computing
- Understand how laws related to ethics.
Technology Presentation Produce and present a fully researched presentation (10-15 minutes) on an agreed emerging technology taking into account the security considerations.
Computing Report Produce an individual report through research and fully synthesised outcomes on a computing related theme on the topics of ethics and law. Report to be fully structured with evaluations, findings and conclusions. The research will be evidenced using the Harvard Referencing system.