User Experience (UX) & HCI
User Experience (UX) & HCI 2023-24
School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 1
Indicative content includes:
- Fundamentals of human-computer interaction and user experience.
- Concepts of human physiology and psychology that influence interface design and information perception.
- HCI issues in information visualisation, pervasive/ubiquitous computing, (x)reality, multimedia, and Word Wide Web-related environments.
- Personas, user-needs and interaction requirements.
- Methods for designing interfaces, including wire-framing, storyboarding and other lo-fi prototyping techniques
- HCI/UX Evaluation methods, including heuristics, hierarchical task analysis, questionnaire-based surveys and talk-aloud methods.
- Practical challenges when doing evaluation
- Optimal and safe design, risks and ramifications of design, accessibility, ethical and professional issues.
- Apply established HCI/UX methods and techniques for designing and prototyping HCI interfaces.
- Apply scientific methods and HCI/UX techniques for the evaluation of HCI interfaces.
- Explain how people perceive and interpret information through computer interfaces.
- Interpret HCI/UX design principles, standards and guidelines.
- Interpret the fundamental principles of HCI and UX.