Evaluating Practice PT
Evaluating Practice Mental Health 2023-24
School Of Medical And Health Sciences
Module - Semester 1 & 2
• Critiquing and reviewing evidence underpinning mental health practice in order to complete the extended essay within the guidelines given. • Developing skills in critical appraisal of the literature relevant to mental health nursing. • Developing advanced skills in literature searching and the use of a wide range of resources. • Ethics and research governance • Multi-disciplinary team working • Local and national safety and quality policies and legislation. • Legislation and health and social care strategies/frameworks relevant to mental health practice. • Risk assessment, management and guidance. • NICE guidelines • Audit, PDSA, user stories • NMC guidelines • Independent enquiry, supervision and self direction.
- Analyse the importance of respect for individuals and how the dignity of the patient/ client/service user is maintained throughout the process of healthcare delivery.
- Critically analyse current National patient safety and quality policy agendas and demonstrate their relevance and application to the management and implementation of care in mental health practice.
- Critically analyse relevant literature, research, policy documents, legislation and other relevant information such as patient/client/service user stories and demonstrate their application to the management of care in mental health practice.
- Critically analyse the evidence base utilised during decision making and when delivering care in mental health practice
- Demonstrate the ability to take a reflective and reflexive approach to patient/client/service user care in mental health practice and evaluate the knowledge and skills required for safe, compassionate and effective nursing practice.
- Demonstrate the application of quality improvement strategies to mental health practice.
CLINICAL PORTFOLIO - Ongoing Record of Achievement