Mng Complex Transitions(e)
Managing complex transitions 2023-24
School Of Medical And Health Sciences
Module - Semester 1 & 2
Ian Davies Abbott
Topics may include: Definitions and aetiology of crisis and complexity in the context of dementia care
- Revisiting concept of quality of life and notions of wellbeing in the context of living with dementia • Theoretical and ethical models as applied by staff
- Critical analysis of person centred care notions in the context of crisis and complexity in living with dementia
- Consideration of the impact of issues such as training, standards etc.
- Responses to crisis and their relative promotion or hindrance of wellbeing
- Triadic constructions of complexity • Relationship centred care and its underpinning ‘senses framework’
- Risk assessment and risk avoidance is a necessary consideration in relation to assessment at times of crisis
- Functional analysis skills for behaviours that challenge
-threshold -(Pass) Basic understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module. Basic understanding of professional accountability issues. Students will be required to achieve a minimum of C- grade in the assignment to in order to pass the theory component of the module. -good -(Merit)Good understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module. Good understanding of professional accountability issues. This equates to a minimum mark of Grade B- in the Grading Criteria. -excellent -(Distinction) Very good understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module and evidence of additional evidence gained by the student. Very good understanding of professional accountability issues. This equates to a minimum mark of Grade A- in the Grading Criteria
- Critically analyse context appropriate intervention strategies to promote quality of life for people affected by dementia.
- Critically evaluate and analyse therapeutic interventions at times of perceived crisis.
- Evaluate the extent to which systems and organisations may contribute to crisis and the steps towards resolution.
- Synthesise theories relating to crisis, complexity and transition in the experience of dementia; developing conceptual understanding and critical capacities that will allow independent evaluation of research.
Individual Presentation of case study
Critical reflection on managing complex transitions