Children, Families, and Society
Children, Families, and Society 2023-24
School Of Human And Behavioural Sciences
Module - Semester 2
Early infant development Risk factors to early development Protective factors to early development Childhood disorders Parenting is pivotal Early intervention
- Ability to critically evaluate policies that have been implemented through community-based interventions, and the way their successes have been measured.
- Describe typical methods used to explore the relationship between children, families and society.
- Evaluate and discuss research papers detailing the predictive nature of risk and protective factors.
- Present a critical review of a relevant filed of study that could accompany the course (to be chosen by the student) to be made into a podcast.
- Understand the key role that behavioural principles play in changing parenting behaviours, with the intention of changing child behaviours and positive child outcomes in the long-term