Workplace Experience 1
Workplace Experience 1 2023-24
School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 1 & 2
In Year 1, there are six weeks of placement time, typically arranged as a single block in Semester 2. To achieve the learning outcomes, students will guided in their preparation by university tutors, supported in the workplace by dedicated mentors (trainer) and monitored by visiting university tutors. In addition to the focus of the study in the first workplacement (see XUC|E1048) it will examine further issues that influence product design and manufacture, such as:
- company ethos, vision, mission and values
- leadership and management
- marketing, political and consumer trends
- quality control and sustainability
- analytical skills
- self evaluation of work and contribution to the company
- self evaluation of personal development and skills
-threshold -(D) See the learning outcomes.
-good -(B) A good overall grasp of all the learning outcomes and how they relate to one another.
-excellent -(A) A very good grasp of all the learning outcomes and the ability to reflect on their relationship to one another in an analytic way.
- Analyse quality control and sustainability factors within a company
- Analyse the innovation and design processes within a company
- Analyse the leadership, management, vision mission values, ethos, and marketing of a company
- Develop their analytical report writing skills
- Develop their presentation skills
- Evaluate their own learning in regards to their analytical skills and understanding of theoretical approaches to commerce
- Evaluate their own professional development progress
- Evaluate their own work contribution to furthering design or business elements within a company