Wales Clinical Academic Track (WCAT) Lectureships
WCAT Lectureship - Eligibility
The WCAT scheme presents a novel and highly attractive opportunity for top flight clinicians interested in developing an academic career.
Typically you will be either in a Core (CT1 or CT2) or Specialty (ST1/ST2/ST3) Training Programme in your chosen specialty at the time of application, but consideration will be given to those at more advanced stages of training (e.g. ST4 or early years of SpR training), who are committed to an academic career.
Applications are welcome from all trainees in ALL specialties including medical education (to PhD level alongside a clinical specialty).
Person Speciation – WCAT Lecturers
- Aspiring to a clinical academic career
- Currently holding a Core or Specialty Training Programme position
- Evidence of high academic distinction and potential (first or 2:1 in BSc, honours, multiple prizes, research papers etc.)
- Introductory research experience at BSc or MSc undergraduate research project, postgraduate research with high attainment (where research experience is absent, otherwise outstanding candidates will be considered for 4 yr awards)
- Evidence of achievement of Core/Specialty Training Competences by time of appointment evidenced either through a successful ARCP or RITA
- Of a standard likely to be successful in obtaining a Training Fellowship in national open competition