Student Support for Wrexham based students
The student support team provides a range of practical support services, all of which can be accessed online, with face to face meetings available through MS Teams.
We can help with:
A student’s time at University should be enjoyable and rewarding, and Bangor University aims to provide students with the information and support that will enable them to get the best out of their university experience. In particular, it is important that their time here should not be spoiled by unnecessary financial worries.
The Money Support Unit is part of the Student Support Team and the experienced members of staff can provide advice, information and guidance on all aspects of student funding including:
- Undergraduate funding for full and part-time courses
- Postgraduate funding
- University Bursaries and Scholarships
- New for 2020-21 Digital Hardship Fund
- Hardship Fund and Crisis Grant
Tel: 01248 38 3566 / 363
Housing in the private rented sector
The Student Housing Office deals with privately rented accommodation.
- You can access support from the Student Housing Office (e.g. contract guidance etc) – you may find it easier to contact us by telephone/email/Skype/MS Teams
- You can also download our Student Guide to Private Accommodation, which is designed to help you when looking for your first house in the private rented sector, pointing out the things to look out for and your rights as a tenant. You are welcome to use the many student guides and checklists which can be found here (e.g. House-Hunting Checklist; Self-Help on Tenancy Agreements; Moving-In Checklist; Moving-Out Checklist; Students In The Community Guide).
- Glyndŵr University have kindly agreed that our Wrexham-based students can look at their private accommodation listings, which can be found here. If you require contact details for the Wrexham Council Housing Standards Team, please contact the Bangor Student Housing Office on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone: 01248 382034 / 2883
Interruptions to studies
Are you thinking of leaving or interrupting / suspending your studies (eg for health reasons)?
If so, we strongly recommend that you discuss it with a member of staff before making your decision. The staff will listen to your concerns and give you information that could help you overcome the issues and will guide you through the necessary processes once your decision has been made.
For Postgraduate Students the process is dealt with in the academic School and you should make an appointment to see the Course Director or your Supervisor to discuss the situation.
For Undergraduate Students due to the professional accreditation of the courses the process is normally handled within your Academic School as they have to make the necessary arrangements with the external organisations. You are advised to contact your Personal Tutor in the first instance. However, you are still welcome to discuss the general implications of your options with the Student Advisers. Please contact us on email@example.com 01248 382072 You might also find it useful to look at our main webpages. You will find more general information on our policy for interrupting study and sections on things to consider, particularly for those of you accessing any funding from Student Finance.
If your queries relate to the NHS funding you will find it useful to look at the terms and conditions relating to the NHS Bursary Scheme a copy of which can be found here.(link on our main webpage)
Equality & Diversity Officer for Harassment and Sexual Violence Disclosures
We believe that no student should have to experience any form of sexual violence, harassment, hate crime or racism and it is not a normal part of the student experience. If you are affected by any of these issues, perpetrated either on or off campus, or by persons connected to the University or not, we can provide you with a safe and confidential opportunity, free from judgement, in which to talk about it and we will support you to move forward in whatever way you feel is best for you.
For more information on a specific topic, please see our online leaflets.
Sexual Violence - Information for Students
The Student Code of Conduct - What's goes against the University regulations?
Cyberbullying - Information for Students
Trans Student Equality - Information for Students
Securing Your Social Media Accounts
If you are unsure which service you need please email firstname.lastname@example.org.