Modules for course 8B76 | BSC/BMZIE
BSc Marine Biology and Zoology (with International Exp)
This is a provisional list of modules to be offered on this course in the 2022–23 academic year.
The list may not be complete, and the final course content may be different.
You can also view the modules offered in the year 2021–22.
- OSX-1000: Science Skills Tutorial (20) or
OSC-1000: Tiwtorial Sgiliau Gwyddoniaeth (20)
- ONS-1001: Environmental data & analysis (20) or
ONC-1001: Dadansoddi Data Amgylcheddol (20)
- BNS-1002: Organismal Diversity (20)
- OSX-1002: Marine Biology Practical 1 (20)
- BNS-1004: Principles of Life 1 (20)
- OSX-2003: Marine Biology Practical II (20)
- OSX-2009: Marine Ecology (20)
- BSX-2022: Vertebrate Biology (20)
40 credits from:
- BNS-3003: Freshwater Ecosystems 2 (20) (Semester 1)
- OSX-3020: Sharks and their Relatives (20) (Semester 1)
- OSX-3023: Marine Mammal Science (20) (Semester 1)
- BSX-3139: Molecular Ecology & Evolution (20) (Semester 1)
- BSX-3159: Parasites & Pathogens (Yr3) (20) (Semester 1)
- Students must take at least 40 credits of Biological Sciences modules (BSX...) during the year (either from this section or the one further down).
10 credits from:
- OSX-3014: Larval Ecology (10) (Semester 1)
- OSX-3015: Overseas Field Course VIMS USA (10) (Semester 1)
- OSX-3015 takes place during the summer before the start of the 3rd year. Studens register for it in February of their 2nd year.
40 credits from:
- OSX-3001: Marine Conservation & Exploit. (20) (Semester 2)
- OSX-3002: Marine Ecosystems & Processes (20) (Semester 2)
- OSX-3019: Fish Biology and Ecology (20) (Semester 2)
- BSX-3144: Animal Survival Strategies (20) (Semester 2)
- BSX-3150: Life in a Changing Climate (20) (Semester 2)
- BSX-3152: Life in Wetlands (20) (Semester 2)