Critical Human Geographies
Critical Human Geographies 2023-24
School Of Natural Sciences
Module - Semester 2
This module runs in the second semester and enables the student to undertake an individual desk-based research project looking in depth at a particular relevant newly emerging issue within human geography. The results of the research are presented in an essay and through the creation of a poster . The visual evidence is then presented to an audience of peers from the module. A variety of sources must be used in conducting this research and the project must be different from that chosen in the student’s Honours Research project. The subject is chosen by the student, in consultation with the module convenor.
- To be able to communicate the research to an audience of peers, both visually and orally.
- To demonstrate effective use of sources.
- To demonstrate the ability to conduct research.
- To demonstrate the ability to critically assess relevant literature.
- To understand a specific geographical issue in great depth.