Modules for course F700 | BSC/OS
BSC Ocean Science
This is a provisional list of modules to be offered on this course in the 2022–23 academic year.
The list may not be complete, and the final course content may be different.
You can also view the modules offered in the year 2021–22.
OSX-1005 Fundamentals of Oceanography (20) (Full Term)
OSX-1007 Marine Biogeochemistry (10) (Semester 1)
OSX-1003 Earth, Climate & Evolution (20) (Semester 2)
OSC-1000 or OSX-1000 The student must take 1 modules from OSC-1000 or OSX-1000.
OSX-1000 Science Skills Tutorial (20) (Full Term)
OSC-1000 Tiwtorial Sgiliau Gwyddoniaeth Cymraeg (20) (Full Term)
ONC-1001 or ONS-1001 The student must take 1 modules from ONC-1001 or ONS-1001.
ONS-1001 Environmental data & analysis (20) (Full Term)
ONC-1001 Dadansoddi Data Amgylcheddol Cymraeg (20) (Full Term)
Optional Modules The student must take 30 credits from the modules in Optional Modules.
- OSX-2004: Estuary & Shelf Sea Processes (20)
- OSX-2006: Tides, Waves and Marine Energy (20)
- OSX-2007: Ship-based field course (20)
- OSX-2000: Communicating Science (20)
- OSX-2005: Remote Sensing & Geophysics (20)
- OSX-2007: Ship-based field course
20 credits from:
100 credits from:
- OSX-3002: Marine Ecosystems & Processes (20) (Semester 2)
- OSX-3005: Marine Pollution (20) (Semester 1)
- OSX-3006: Sediment Dynamics (20) (Semester 2)
- OSX-3007: Coastal Processes Field Study (20) (Semester 1)
- DXX-3018: Rivers, Coast and Oceans (20) (Semester 2)
- OSX-3020: Sharks and their Relatives (20) (Semester 1)
- OSX-3025: Marine Geology & Applications (20) (Semester 1)