PCDA E Crime & Digital Policing 2023-24
School Of History, Law And Social Sciences
Module - Semester 1 & 2
The module is divided into two key areas:- examining ecrime and the policing of ecrime. In the first part of the module the different forms of ecrime will be examined. This will be followed a session on the procedures and processes associated with digital policing.
Rhestr Darlithoedd / Class List :
Session Workshop 1 Ecrime in North Wales
2 Procedures and processes associated with digital policing
In addition to the classes provided distance learning based material (this will include Panopto recordings, video resources and web based learning resources) will be provided via blackboard to supplement students learning. Students will be expected to access these resources following workshops in order to assist in the completion of assessment tasks and further explore key learning outcomes.
- Discuss complex types of digital-facilitated crimes, their impact, and the additional sources of intelligence that can be obtained during a complex investigation - Learning outcome 3
- Discuss the ways in which technology may be used in everyday policing - Learning outcome 2
- Examine types of internet-facilitated crimes, and individuals/organisations who may be especially vulnerable - Learning outcome 1
- Review the specialist assistance available for the recovery of digital data - Learning outcome 4
- Understand how to request relevant information from service providers - Learning outcome 5
Digital Policing Essay
Digital Policing Exam