Mobile Communications Systems
Mobile Communications Systems 2022-23
Ysgol Cyfrifiadureg a Pheirianneg Electronig
Modiwl - Semester 2
Indicative content includes:
- Introduction to fundamental concepts, terminologies and basic techniques involved in mobile communication systems. They include, for example, OSI reference model, signal characteristics in both the time and frequency domains, digital and analogue modulation, antennas, signal propagation, various multiplexing and de-multiplexing techniques, as well as spread spectrum.
- Access media controls: Hidden and exposed terminals, near and far terminals, as well as wireless MAC techniques including SDMA, FDMA, TDMA and CDMA.
- Wireless telecommunications systems including GSM, GPRS, UMTS/IMT-2000, LTE/LTE-Advanced and 5G.
- Wireless sensor networks.
- Mobile IP and mobile ad-hoc networks.
- Wireless TCP congestion control.
-threshold -Equivalent to 50%.Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence. -good -Equivalent to the range 60%-69%.Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication. -excellent -Equivalent to the range 70%+.Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.