Digital Graphics (JS Canvas)
Digital Graphics (JS Canvas) 2022-23
School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 1 & 2
Indicative content includes:
- Understand the nature of digital graphics
- Understand the graphical process
- Use and understand a range of Java Script elements
- Understand how to use the HTML Canvas
- How to draw simple elements using html Canvas and Java Script
- Understand how to use the canvas to display existing graphics
- Manipulation of the Canvas (Placement, Rotation, Scale, Skew)
- Manipulation of images (Masks, Brightness, Colour, Effects)
- Simple animation
- Interpreting a business scenario to create a design and final solution.
- Review and justify design and development decisions made.
-threshold -Equivalent to 40%.Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
-good -Equivalent to the range 60%-69%.Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
-excellent -Equivalent to the range 70%+.Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Able to design and create simple graphics for a given scenario using Canvas and Java Script.
- Capable of designing and creating detailed graphics for a given scenario using Canvas and Java Script.
- Justify the designs and choices made.
- Review and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the completed solution.
Simple Graphics Portfolio Design and create a range of simple digital graphics in Canvas using Java Script for a given scenario that will include: text and shapes as a minimum. The submission will include: •Documented research of existing digital graphics that would be suitable inspiration •Simple but neat drawn designs •A justification of the design choices made •Your digital graphics displayed on an HTML page
Design and create a detailed digital graphic for a given scenario to demonstrate competence in Canvas using Java Script. The submission will include: •Simple but neat drawn design •Initial graphics compared to final graphic(screen shots will suffice) •Your improved digital graphics displayed on an HTML page •A review of the final digital graphic.