Vis & Graphical Algorithms
Visualisation and Graphical Algorithms (Cambria) 2024-25
School of Computer Science & Engineering
Module - Semester 1 & 2
Indicative content includes:
- Understand the nature of analytical data
- Understand the visualisation process of data
- Use and understand a range of Java Script elements
- Understand how to use the HTML Canvas to display algorithmic data
- How to draw more precise elements using html Canvas and Java Script
- Manipulation of images (Masks, Brightness, Colour, Effects) to highlight data
- Simple animation based on data (predict forecast, show growth/loss etc.)
- Interpreting a business scenario to create a professional visualisation.
- Review and justify visualisation and development decisions made.
-threshold -Equivalent to 40%.Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
-good -Equivalent to the range 60%-69%.Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
-excellent -Equivalent to the range 70%+.Assemble critically evaluated, relevant areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Analyse an informative scenario and create a set (or sets) of meaningful data.
- Display a meaningful representation of analysed data using visual tools such as Canvas and Java Script.
- Justify the visual representation choices made.
- Produce visual representations for a set of supplied data using Canvas and Java Script in a suitable visual form.
- Review the completed solution.