Joint Hons Diss (English)
Joint Honours Dissertation (English) 2023-24
School Of Arts, Culture And Language
Module - Semester 1 & 2
The dissertation will set the chosen research topic in a broader contextual framework. It will set research questions and devise a structure. It will describe and analyse the chosen topic using a range of relevant secondary and primary evidence. The project will be written up in an ordered and academic manner. An analytical summary will be provided in the target language.
- The student will learn how to construct an argument/analyse their evidence with precision and consistency.
- The student will learn how to gather primary and secondary research material for their project.
- The student will learn how to organise information and produce a written analysis.
- The student will learn how to set this material in a broader context.
- The student will learn how to summarise their findings in the target language.
- the student will learn how to manage time and prepare their project satisfactorily for submission.