3 Language Project (2 major/1 minor)
3 Language Project (2 major/1 minor) 2022-23
School Of Arts, Culture And Language
Module - Semester 1
Provided it meets with the approval of the relevant members of staff in Modern Languages, the chosen subject may concern any aspect of French life, literature, history or culture. The chosen subject area should not be something that is already a specific component of the syllabus. The essay or presentation will be in the target language.
-threshold -40-49%: Satisfactory comprehension of the chosen topic; limited display of independent research skills and limited knowledge of vocabulary and grammar.
-good -50-69%: Solid comprehension of the chosen topic; adequate display of independent research skills and good knowledge of vocabulary and grammar.
-excellent -70+%: Detailed comprehension of the chosen topic; extensive display of independent research skills and excellent knowledge of vocabulary and grammar.
- Demonstrate the ability to gather information and condense it effectively in a clear and coherent argument in the target language, orally or in writing.
- Display a high degree of competency in French language and grammar.
- Display familiarity with citation and referencing techniques (including compiling a bibliography).
- Display solid evidence of original analytical thinking.
- Display the ability to conduct research independently and show initiative in problem solving.
Each Three Language student (2 major/1 minor) will be asked to complete TWO different assignments. You will be asked to choose only ONE of the following assessments for this module to complete in French. 1. Dissertation in the target language. Length: 3500 word. Plus a blackboard test on dissertation skills. or 2. Oral Presentation in the target language. Duration: 20 minutes (15 mins plus 5 mins for questions) Each option can be taken only once (e.g. Dissertation for Italian and Oral Presentation for French)