Therapeutics & Practice
Therapeutics & Practice 2023-24
School Of Medical And Health Sciences
Module - Semester 1 & 2
Topics include the history and pharmacology of antibiotics, development and use of antiprotozoal and antiviral agents, and the treatment of some common and less commonly seen infections. The module will examine how disease management and drug delivery are linked. The adverse effects of infectious disease on the organs of the body will be covered to highlight benefits of therapeutic intervention.
- Apply knowledge in appropriate use of medicines through case studies and wider reading.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of factors impacting the rational choices of drugs for the treatment of common and less common infections.
- Discuss the benefits and the consequences of using medicines in clinical practice.
- Outline safe, effective and economic use of medicines in clinical settings.
- Understand the pharmacology of commonly used medicines used to treat infectious diseases.
MCQ and SAQ Exam
Critical analysis report