Evidence informed practice
Evidence informed practice (Interprofessional 2) 2023-24
School Of Medical And Health Sciences
Module - Semester 1 & 2
• Accountability and professionalism
• Health agendas, legislation, policy and economic context – critical appraisal and inter-professional adaptation.
• Promoting health and preventing ill health
• Decision making – professional autonomy and valuing inter-professional and personal autonomy. Shared decision-making.
• Understanding the concept of evidence, the hierarchy of evidence and application to practice. Sources of research expertise – academia and practice. Applying theory into practice.
• Leading and managing care and working in teams. Learning how to use evidence to lead and coordinating care. Using the evidence base to develop practice and team working.
• Improving safety and quality of care Identification of evidence and critical analysis of evidence informed practice.
• .Evidence informed quality improvement.
• Inter-professional dynamics and their relation to person centred care. Constructive cooperation and managing conflict in teams.
• Continuous learning through reflective practice
- Appraise the nature and use of evidence within your own professional practice
- Demonstrate an understanding of evidence informed practice
- Examine partnership working in health and social care
- Examine professional knowledge in relation to inter-professional working