Leading complex care (AD)
Leading complex care (Adult) 2023-24
School Of Medical And Health Sciences
Module - Semester 1 & 2
In relation to adult nursing this module will comprise:
• Clinical and resource management of complexity in healthcare, across a range of settings.
• Understanding the influences and processes involved for quality improvement in care.
• Co-production in person centred care
• Care co-ordination and the influences of health and social care policies.
• Safeguarding and risk management and evaluation for healthcare improvement.
• Law and ethics for complex care management and safeguarding. • Public health Principles of administration, social and health legislation, legal aspects of nursing (to meet NMC EU Directive for general nurses).
-threshold -Threshold - Grades: D- to D+ Understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module and the outcomes being assessed. Students will be required to achieve a minimum of D- grade in the assignment to in order to pass. -good -Good - Grades: C- to C+ Good understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module and the outcomes being assessed.Very Good Grades: B- to B+ A very good understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module and the outcomes being assessed -excellent -Excellent - Grades: A- to A* Excellent understanding of the facts and principles specific to the topics covered in this module and the outcomes being assessed.
- Critically apply the evidence base relating to the psychological, sociological and complex interventions used to improve the wellbeing of people with complex problems in adult nursing.
- Critically consider and apply a range of legal and ethical issues related to quality improvement in complex care management in relation to adult nursing.
- Critically examine and debate the policies, principles and risk management issues informing the delivery of complex patient care in relation to adult nursing.
- Demonstrate critical awareness of leadership and management in relation to adult nursing.
Clinical Practical Assessment
Case Study in Adult Nursing