Nursing Practice 1
Nursing Practice 1 2022-23
Ysgol Gwyddorau Meddygol ac Iechyd
Modiwl - Semester 1 a 2
Achievement level specific to the field, specific content including but not limited to: Patient care and compassionate leadership Trauma-informed care QI Bronze and silver award for quality improvement Patient centered planning, patient handling, nutrition, clinical observations, symptom management (psychological and physical), tissue viability, respiratory care, continence assessment and management, catheterisation, DRE and manual evacuation, stoma management, symptom management Communication and assessment to include annexe A & B requirements BM’s, nutrition/ fluid charts, motivational interviewing techniques, positive behaviour support approaches, CBT, building therapeutic relationships Harm prevention and risk management: (BCUHB infection prevention level 2 and ANTT e-learning to be completed prior to catheterisation training), Wound care, specimen collection, recognise and respond to forms of abuse Professional and inter-professional working: Reflective theory and practice nursing documentation, record keeping, diversity, equality, compassionate leadership Students will complete the alternative fields of practice workbooks and all e-learning packages
-threshold -This is a Pass/ Fail module.In order to complete the programme The Once for Wales 2020 Ongoing Record of Achievement of Proficiencies for Registration must be successfully signed-off by academic and clinical assessors.NB: During the 1st year of this post graduate programme Students are required to commence completion of the All Wales On-Going Record of Achievement of Proficiencies for Registration. Students must attain competence in sufficient proficiencies to reflect the practice placement experiences they have attended. -good -B- to B+ Grade: To achieve a ‘good pass’ the student will need to demonstrate a critical evaluation and application of the theoretical principles of reflection and the ability to link theory and evidence to practice. -excellent -A-to A* Grade: To achieve an ‘excellent pass’ on the module, students will be required to demonstrate comprehensive critical evaluation and application of the theoretical principles of reflection and the ability to link theory and evidence to practice. -another level-C- C+ to Grade: To achieve a ‘pass’ on the module, students will be required to demonstrate some critical evaluation and understanding of the theoretical principles of reflection and the ability to link theory and evidence to practice.
- Critical application of interpersonal and therapeutic skills required to demonstrate effective, evidence-based, patient-centred care and achieve all proficiencies within the Once for Wales 2020 Clinical Placement Assessment Document and Ongoing Record of Achievement.
- Demonstrate an ability to synthesise, evaluate and apply theoretical knowledge and evidence, appraise and apply appropriate policies and guidelines to meet the needs of individuals in a range of health and care settings
- Demonstrate required theoretical knowledge and psycho-motor skills in the performance of clinical and therapeutic assessments and observations;enabling students to lead prevention of harm and risk management strategies in clinical practice.
- Demonstrate the required values and attitudes in the performance of therapeutic skills, including empathy, professionalism, evidence-based practice and co-production
- Develop the knowledge and skills required to become a future practice supervisor, using the appropriate methods of communication and coaching skills.
Logbook Or Portfolio
Ongoing record of achievement of proficiencies
Reflective journal exploring interprofessional learning and working in clinical practice