Man. & Eval. Complex Care
Managing and Evaluating Complex Care in Mental Health 2023-24
School Of Medical And Health Sciences
Module - Semester 1 & 2
Conflict and containment in acute settings Managing risk and positive risk taking Suicidality Safeguarding protecting vulnerable groups Therapy and counselling approaches with complexity Evaluating care Mental health team working Ethical practice and mental health Multi-professional contributions in mental health Using quality frameworks to improve services in mental health Maintaining clinical supervision in practice Using the Mental Health Act in practice Preparing for practice Medication management and EPSE Supervision of others Leading teams and care processes Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conferences
- Critically analyse care and support for people with multiple and or complex need and the roles of mental health nursing.
- Critically evaluate and utilise theories of service management and evaluating standards in mental health across the lifespan.
- Critically evaluate complexity in the context of mental health nursing.
- Critically evaluate multi-agency working when supporting and safeguarding people and their families across the life span.
- Critically review the ethical rights and positive risk management for people, their families and communities when accessing mental health care system with complex and challenging need.
Manage a short observed interview with an individual expression suicidal ideation
Identify care plan based on OSCE stem
Evaluate OSCE and care plan performance